Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ExtraArrogantBastard t1_iyd4dla wrote

But does that translate into purchases? I know I am not buying his next book, and after the way GOT ended I'm not really excited to watch anything related to him. I guess some people will still give him their time, but I won't. The story was good, but not "I remember it 10 years later" good or "I'll re-read several 400 page books" good. Maybe it's just me, but I see it as George abandoning his fans that got him those lucrative contracts in the first place. And that's shitty.

ffxivthrowaway03 t1_iyd6tqd wrote

You won't, but you weren't going to anyway at this point. They already made their money off of you, you're not the target audience anymore. However there's definitely people who are going to see this thread perpetuated by people like you and I, and go "oh yeah, that show was super big, maybe I should finally watch it. It can't be as bad as they say" or "Wasn't that based on a book? Everyone keeps talking about how different they are, maybe I should read it."

Statistically, most people don't finish watching long series or make it all the way through so their curiosity about why everyone's still talking about this dumpster fire of a series outweighs the fact that it'll likely never be finished or that the show's ending sucked.