Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

f0rtytw0 t1_j6mdtku wrote

Now I got that song stuck in my head

Edit: to add, I found that first random hello disturbing

PuritanSettler1620 t1_j6mh12l wrote

Why can alcohol companies advertise their extremely harmful and addictive products when Cigarette companies cannot? I think we should ban alcohol companies from advertising.

−11

Gribblestix t1_j6mmxek wrote

The outdated Boston stereotypes with the accent are a snore.

phil_at_work t1_j6mtlzf wrote

People in Boston ARE NICE. I'm not a Boston native. I've lived in numerous metros on both coasts and the Midwest and have only found this Boston stereotype to be WRONG.

RailRoad_Candy t1_j6mwynr wrote

...is that the joke? What happened to funny Super Bowl Commercials?

PuritanSettler1620 t1_j6myrc6 wrote

The reason companies spend so much on advertising is because it works. By constantly bombarding us with ads for alcohol the alcohol conglomerates normalize alcohol at every occasion and make us associate alcohol with more and more activities in our lives. If you want to consume alcohol that is fine but I don't think being constantly bombarded with ads for it is good for society.

(A similar argument could be made for high sugar products, pharmaceuticals, etc etc)

dxbaileyy t1_j6mz8cf wrote

Thank you for the advertising 101. I also took marketing classes so I am well aware why companies spend money on advertisements.

Like you said, a similar argument can be made about advertising just about anything.

−3

Boston1924 t1_j6n06w2 wrote

We are nice. When people aren’t being fucking stupid.

AWalker17 t1_j6nalb8 wrote

KG was the only good part of that.

AutoModerator t1_j6nante wrote

what did you say to me? Say it again you filthy transplant. Yeah i know your type. You probably have Connecticut plates and a Yankees sticker on your car. You brag about how close you live to Fenway Park, but then complain in the sub about how loud the concerts are. How about you and me meet in the parking lot of the 7-11 in Revere and settle this?

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

hce692 t1_j6nkla4 wrote

They moved their ad account to the agency Goodby which is in California. It’s bizarre to me that they insist on having SFers try and keep this campaign going. The whole Boston beer co is notorious for being a horrible, abusive client and Jim Koch is a nut job though so I don’t think there was an agency left in Boston willing to touch it

Haptiix t1_j6nxclo wrote

hot take: it wasn't actually that bad. the bit with the parking spot genuinely made me laugh.

Haptiix t1_j6nxr53 wrote

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this Ad is probably designed to entertain/amuse people from the 49 other states & from a financial perspective they probably have zero reason to care how people from Boston respond to it.

dianacd12 t1_j6ny23u wrote

idk I move up from Florida and I think people in Boston are way nicer...

Mr_Einslincoln t1_j6p7e7s wrote

Not sure that’s the case given my entire office in Charlestown was abuzz today with conversations of this commercial. Doubtful everyone is a fan, but also not everyone finds the campaign to be a stereotype.