Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

isuxblaxdix t1_j6eq1v3 wrote

I was very confused about the lack of trees, let alone treehouses, in this picture. Guessing it's a brewery or something?

−29

tarandab t1_j6erixk wrote

It’s a brewery, main location is in Charlton but they’ve been expanding (have another location on the cape and I think somewhere else)

isuxblaxdix t1_j6eteek wrote

Interesting, maybe I'll stop off there sometime I'm heading to/coming from out west

eigenham t1_j6evx2z wrote

It's worth it. It might be worth the drive just for the beer.

Edit: important detail I left out: they don't distribute to liquor stores I think? So you basically have to get their beer from one of their locations.

isuxblaxdix t1_j6ewt6j wrote

Ah, that's probably why I'm not familiar with the brand

eigenham t1_j6exoxe wrote

Yeah now imagine that this business model is successful enough to open lots of locations. That's the level of their beer (personal taste aside, people must like it enough to overcome the inconvenience, right?)

isuxblaxdix t1_j6ezb5s wrote

Yeah I'll definitely check one out the next time I have the chance. I do love a good brewery

eigenham t1_j6f0v16 wrote

Check out their website for ordering ahead and picking up. For a while they wouldn't let you just show up. Started during early COVID, was still that way not too long ago. It will also let you know the level of financial commitment you're getting yourself into.

isuxblaxdix t1_j6f1ng1 wrote

I'd probably just post up in the taproom if possible for a first visit. I like trying the off the wall stuff at breweries, and if I was doing a preorder I feel like I'd be playing it safe and getting pilsners or something haha

tarandab t1_j6f5e83 wrote

You can just show up now - ordering ahead makes it a tad faster if you know what you want, but it’s not like 2020 anymore. Or even like treehouse pre-Covid.

danbyer t1_j6hueka wrote

…yet you’ve never heard of Treehouse? They’ve got 6 of the top 25 beers on BeerAdvocate and rated #1 brewery on Untappd. Yes, you definitely should check them out! Charlton is the mothership, but Tewksbury is coming along and will be more accessible to Boston.

isuxblaxdix t1_j6ie16l wrote

I just said I like breweries, as in I have enjoyed my previous visits to breweries, it's not like a hobby or anything. I didn't realize not being up to date on the highest-rated beers was so controversial in this sub, but it's clear I have offended some of the more cultured Bostonians

gronkspike25 t1_j6kyyx0 wrote

I love TH. Julius, Green, & Haze are some of my favorite beers but to me Hill Farmstead blows them out of the water. Their versatility and the ability to make every they make fantastic is crazy. I didn’t believe the HF hype until I made the trek and it was amazing.

danbyer t1_j6l2j0o wrote

Hell yeah. I spend a lot of time in VT and I try to get to HF at least once a year. I agree that their offerings are incredible and the location is idyllic.

But I’m an unashamed TH addict. :P Now that it’s so handy to me, I’ve been trying all the non-DIPA styles and they’re all amazing. They’ve got like 75 offerings on the menu and they just keep coming. I can’t keep up!

tarandab t1_j6f5450 wrote

I have family in the Midwest who have expressed jealousy that we’ve had Treehouse beer. It’s a name in beer circles

jtet93 t1_j6gkudg wrote

It’s worth it just for the experience. I’m not a huge “juicy IPA” person (they have other offerings, but they’re known for that style in particular). But I love going with friends because it’s so beautiful, it operates like a well oiled machine, and they always have a good selection of food trucks on saturdays, lol. I think Eastern Standard Provisions has a semi-permanent pretzel counter now too. So good

isuxblaxdix t1_j6gp6zg wrote

That honestly sounds amazing. Definitely will check it out

eyre-quotes t1_j6g0zby wrote

Idk why you’ve been downvoted like that, we’re not all beer connoisseurs here

isuxblaxdix t1_j6g1zdm wrote

Lol no clue but reddit do be like that sometimes. I have had some pretty low effort comments get upvoted though so maybe it washes out