Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

candidcamerapeepshow t1_j53xmdi wrote

Think about the cost benefit/opportunity cost of pursuing this. Sometimes in life you’ve got to eat the loss and simply move on.

Certain_Scene_2359 OP t1_j54xdnl wrote

What if this is part of a larger pattern of thefts. Moreover, since the address is already known, they dont even have to investigate much.

−156

bostonguy2004 t1_j54ytwr wrote

Lol not sure if this post is real. Anyway, in the U.S., the police typically don't investigate or try to solve small-scale theft like this, such as thefts under $1,000.

If you see how many stolen bike posts there are on this Sub and how few are solved by police, you'll know what I mean.

But Protip: If you have Renter's or Homeowner's Insurance you can likely file a theft claim and get your money back to buy new AirPods!

LivingMemento t1_j554oog wrote

Please edit: “in the US police typically don’t investigate or try to solve any crimes.”

Go_fahk_yourself t1_j5aff6r wrote

Wonder why what you say is true?

I didn’t realize Bostonians hate the police so much until I posted about the 3 states troopers who all died in one week. I got only 1 single comment.

Just curious as to why??

wlutz83 t1_j5d2oyl wrote

cops are rude, insecure, trite, dishonest and belligerent, and they are an organized, government sanctioned gang of people who wield power to kill and punish unethically and without consequence.

Go_fahk_yourself t1_j5emn0b wrote

I totally get what your saying in a very small minority of police.

You sure your not talking about Governors, congressman and women, and senators. Sure sounds like them too.

wlutz83 t1_j5f7rjh wrote

well, it's not a small minority, but also the rest of them protect the worst of them, which makes them just as bad.

Certain_Scene_2359 OP t1_j54z9nv wrote

Thanks for that insight! And damn, I should look into the renters insurance thingy, but the AirPods were stolen from the gym, so not sure if that would be applicable to me

−42

bostonchef72296 t1_j559b8g wrote

If you had renters insurance unless you paid for a low deductible plan it wouldn’t have been worth your time. I pay for a low deductible, high value plan just in case I get robbed or something. But a lot of plans have a $500 deductible. And a lot of terms and conditions.

Megsmik8 t1_j568n0l wrote

You'll pay $250 deductible to get the air pods back from renters insurance. So just go buy a new pair

mmelectronic t1_j5640sg wrote

The pattern is everything that gets left unattended at every planet fitness is gone forever, its a grand conspiracy.

Megsmik8 t1_j568i00 wrote

The police are not going to investigate your $250 or less airpods. You have find my iPhone for that. It's your personal responsibility to take care of your own stuff. It's definitely not some part of a bigger thing. No one is stealing airpods with your dirty earwax and re-selling them. If they're newer airpods then they have the ability to be seen where their battery went dead. If they are older than the newest ones, you are talking $50-100 resale value.

Certain_Scene_2359 OP t1_j56aipa wrote

Yeah they’re the latest airpods and I can see the last location where their battery went dead.

−6

[deleted] t1_j5aqwra wrote

[deleted]

Electronicist t1_j5c42k7 wrote

Apple care is 30 for AirPods. And does not cover theft.

[deleted] t1_j5c5vqk wrote

[deleted]

Electronicist t1_j5c6pvp wrote

“AppleCare+ for Headphones does not cover lost or stolen AirPods”

I wish you were right about the 90 bucks to get new ones if stolen because that would be dope, but I don’t see it anywhere. Just 30 bucks for apple care and 30 bucks to get them replaced from accidental damage

[deleted] t1_j5c7lzf wrote

[deleted]

Electronicist t1_j5chm3s wrote

I believe that is $89 per item, like $89 for each AirPod and $89 for the case. So if you lost it all it would be $89 * 3 = $267, so more than buying them new

[deleted] t1_j5cui86 wrote

[deleted]

Electronicist t1_j5dvgp8 wrote

Went ahead and did what? I went though the steps and im not seeing why you think it’s 89 for a whole new set. If Apple did that you could pay 89 bucks for a new set, and sell your old and make money. It’s $89 per item (L/R AirPod pro, or case). And $69 for regular AirPods

“You can replace a single AirPod (left or right AirPod) or a Charging Case for a fee. Use our “Get an Estimate” tool to review potential costs if you get service directly from Apple.” - it is per item…

meltyourtv t1_j57oy3m wrote

Bruh I got hit & run in my BMW while I was inside a store and ran up $2300 of damage and they refused to show me the cameras without police so I called the cops and they refused to pursue it even tho it was $2300 and there was surveillance footage. Take the L, they won’t do shit