Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Prunestand OP t1_jc2e2mg wrote

I have been tracking my weight since I was born in 1997. I decided to plot it.

I used the journals from my school to get the dates and weights. I was also weighed as a baby and I have records of this. For plotting, I used matplotlib and the XKCD style option to get the hand-drawn vibe of the plot.

ReaperCraft07 t1_jc2jg4i wrote

Why are you so light? What is you height and gender?

ReaperCraft07 t1_jc2kuou wrote

youre even taller than me, im 158cm and sitting at 72kg, i was hovering around 80kg last year, i managed to drop a few kg the past few months.

what are you on? or am i just too fat? XD

EDIT: Stupid me, i forgot my height, Im 178cm, not 158cm, i get confused this late at night. im more familiar with imperial system when it comes to heights, lol.

ShankThatSnitch t1_jc36nyi wrote

From 2000-2012, you had quite the eating problem. Glad you got it under control.

KnightKal t1_jc3gmk2 wrote

it is this weird measure unit used on planet Earth majority of nations. The rest of the galaxy is obviously using the proper units of random feet, as defined by the great emperor of Mars on the year of the horse 10 millenniums ago.

Prunestand OP t1_jc3ythh wrote

> The rest of the galaxy is obviously using the proper units of random feet, as defined by the great emperor of Mars on the year of the horse 10 millenniums ago.

We shouldn't pretend that the meter is not arbitrary as well. The point shouldn't be that the feet is arbitrary. The point should be that imperial systems are highly inconsistent and isn't "nice" to work with.

Esctent t1_jc3yx70 wrote

I think your styling is hurting your story here. I believe the 'thicker' lines look that way due to an increase in data points. This leads one to believe there is a factor of something during this time.

I would try to find a way to better represent a cleaner story across your time axis unless there is an outside factor you want this graph to tell us. You could use a running average to reduce the variability or simply use the same timescale as your childhood years.

_Sanjak t1_jc4bykv wrote

How tall are you? You pretty weak if your 60

Prunestand OP t1_jc4g376 wrote

> How did you know to do this straight outta womb?

All babies are weighed and monitored here (Sweden). You can see that I have struggled to gain appropriate weight during various periods in my childhood (look at 2004 and 2013), which just prompted more monitoring from the authorities and my elementary school.

It wasn't too hard to get those records.

HopeNotTake t1_jc50kfx wrote

I'm kinda similar in weight but 9 cm taller, I've dabbled in low BMI levels

ObfuscatedAnswers t1_jc64kmb wrote

Meter isn't random any more. It's specified by the distance light travels in a set amount of time.

The foot however is actually defined based on meter since 1959. As in one third of a yard which is defined as 0.9144m.

Fluid-Suit-2696 t1_jc6ck25 wrote

I started tracking my weight two weeks ago as I finally decided to try and gain some weight, thanks for this friendly reminder