Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

CutiePopIceberg t1_j40vgce wrote

This is intetesting! And the data is presented beautifully. Though perhaps exagerated a bit? At least in MA the graphs use the median in boston. Statewide it s about $6 less. However, the larger point the graphs make, that there is a HUGE gap between minimum and the median (assuming the median is relational to cost of living idk), is significant.

Immarhinocerous t1_j40vsn5 wrote

I wish the axis on the bottom right charts were not grainy. I cannot tell what the scale of the bars mean.

urgjotonlkec t1_j4149qf wrote

I live in NJ and don't see anyone offering less than $18/hr. Minimum wages across tge country have basically been rendered meaningless by inflation.

DrTonyTiger t1_j41p23u wrote

From a visualization standpoint, it would be stronger to illustrate a gap with a visual gap. could you lay out the graphs so the image and the metaphor match?

libertarianinus t1_j425ymn wrote

No wonder why California food is so expensive. California fast food was going to be $22 but was blocked for 1 year.

LinCashew t1_j43c313 wrote

obviously, do you think if minimum wage was zero people would just work for free?

comapanies are going to pay as little as they can for the service, they have no reason to pay more just to be exactly 2x minimum wage.

jhngrc t1_j45g908 wrote

The bar graphs are wildly misleading. Only 15-20% difference in value but the higher bars are 5x longer? Start your x-axes from zero.