Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Hex_Frost t1_iufnlc6 wrote

I love reddit so much because you have people casually saying shit like "yeah, i used to build Airports" like that isn't one of the coolest things you can do like ???

OneAndOnlyJackSchitt t1_iug9mag wrote

"I used to build airports and transit hubs. Lots of subways and train stations. Actually, you name it and I've probably built it. Even skyscrapers, storefronts, houses, apartments, condos. Cities: Skylines is pretty awesome. Logged over 10,000 hours."

Talik1978 t1_iugwh3y wrote

Ted Moseby? I think I saw a couple movies with you in them!

Indybin t1_iuhysjh wrote

This is the guy who built Ted moseby??!

[deleted] t1_iuggvyx wrote

[deleted]

OneAndOnlyJackSchitt t1_iughvge wrote

It's a joking video game reference to a game called Cities: Skylines which is basically like a next-gen SimCity.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/255710/Cities_Skylines/

Totally worth the $30

Lab_Member_004 t1_iugmrsm wrote

30 ir so DLCs does put a damper on things...

OneAndOnlyJackSchitt t1_iugnbni wrote

I've never used any of the paid DLC stuff. I might at some point, but it's certainly not required by any means.

Lots of totally free mods, though.

Edit to add: The paid DLCs add new mechanics to the base game and are basically the same as old school expansion packs were for offline games. It's not like that lootbox bullshit or anything scammy. Also, these DLCs are ongoing development. Game's been out since like 2015 and they just release a new DLC last month.

Also, I'll add that I am not affiliated with Colossal Order (developer) or Paradox Interactive (publisher) and this is not a paid advertisement. I just really like the game, just not enough to pay for DLC.

cantonic t1_iugnprn wrote

A bunch of the DLC are just radio and custom building little DLC. I think there are a total of 12 legitimate expansions, but none of them are necessary to enjoy the game and it has thousands of quality mods available for free.

ttocskcaj t1_iujf3u5 wrote

They go on sale all the time. I got the base game plus all expansions at the time for like $50

skaarlaw t1_iuhdym4 wrote

Been eyeing this game up for a while, so tempted but don't want to timesink in to another game right now!

magdra t1_iuhhsf2 wrote

Same. This is a game that'd benefit from a pirated copy going around for free. If I got to try it, and knew I really liked it like I think I would, I'd probably buy it...but for now, I have other games I've bought and haven't really played so I'm going to stick to those

skaarlaw t1_iuhkpf8 wrote

Bring back the 90s where we had weekly magazines with game demos on discs for PlayStation!

malachi347 t1_iuiifpq wrote

Game demos were the shit. Getting a new system with just a game demo disc was def not tho. At least once I got a system with a demo disc and then a gift card to buy my first game... But everything is closed on Christmas (!!!) so I'd just play the hell out of the demos all day lol. I think it was my first playstation.

skaarlaw t1_iuiio6t wrote

The resident evil demo put enough fear in to me for me to never play the entire series... I was a kid though!

TucsonTacos t1_iug5wud wrote

I mean he's not going to bring up his weekend hobby every conversation...

So true though

Internet-of-cruft t1_iug8slw wrote

I mean I built the network (and most of the app / server infrastructure) for one of the local international air terminals...

It's not that uncommon to find someone who worked on them. There's a lot of stuff to do.