Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Kayback2 t1_j6cb9w3 wrote

Oh nice. We had that for supper Wednesday. Yours looks much better than mine.

mayiasku t1_j6ckegp wrote

Gimme a fork and 15 mins šŸ˜‹

syntaxsavant OP t1_j6c5sof wrote

It was delicious!

syntaxsavant OP t1_j6ecpmc wrote

Recipe... Ingredients: 1kg sliced pork belly rashers 1 lt liquid chicken stock (hot - preheated) 4 cloves of garlic roughly diced 1tblsp rice wine vinegar 2 tblsp grated ginger 1 tblsp caster sugar Pinch of salt n pepper

Sticky glaze: 3 tblsp honey 3 tblsp soy sauce 2 tblsp brown sugar 1 tblsp oil 2 tblsp grated ginger 2 tblsp lemongrass paste 1-2 whole red chilli chopped Pinch of salt and pepper

Start by placing pork belly in a large pan, submerge pork in hot chicken stock add ginger, garlic, sugar and rice wine vinegar salt n pepper. Bring pork to the boil then return to simmer, cover and simmer on low heat for 2 hrs. After 2 hrs remove now tender and juicy pork and pat dry then allow to cool a little while you mix together all the ingredients for the sticky glaze. Return to pork and slice up against the grain to create approx half inch chunks Place oil in pan and sear pork chunks on high heat until golden brown ( warning! Pork will spit ) Once golden brown add sticky glaze mixture to the pan and cook through until fully coated and sticky ( a few minutes ). Bon appetit!

wildflowertrails t1_j6c8cih wrote

Would you be willing to share the recipe?

Rapsculio t1_j6dljhi wrote

Honey, sriracha, and small amounts of lemon juice or vinegar, soy sauce, and maybe extra sugar if it needs it all mixed to taste

Cook it for a couple minutes then toss some bite sized cooked pork (or other meat) in it to coat

Don't know if this guy did this or not but this is my simple sweet and spicy recipe

Strict_Yard5874 t1_j6cm4v6 wrote

šŸ‘†

−2

EggKey5513 t1_j6cx67o wrote

Teriyaki sauce easy recipe:

One to one proportion of all the following:

1. soy sauce
  2. sugar
  3. mirin
−1

JimmyB30 t1_j6dfxy5 wrote

Is that all it is? I've had the ingredients in my cupboard all along, yet insist on buying teriyaki sauce because "it's probably got some hard to find stuff in it"

EggKey5513 t1_j6drbox wrote

Oh and I forgot to say, you need to simmer it a little so itā€™s less liquid.

InformationHorder t1_j6e82zm wrote

You can also swap the plain sugar for honey, brown sugar, or even maple syrup if you wanna get funky.

Bersho t1_j6dsugt wrote

If I ever tried to make this Iā€™d have to chisel it off the bottom of my wok

Wrong-Low-4953 t1_j6ctlrs wrote

That should be divine. When I make it here it doesn't even last 10 minutes.

elpezpr t1_j6f765a wrote

Looks so good!

lamensterms t1_j6fvlmz wrote

Nice. Is that an Aldi pan? Any good?

syntaxsavant OP t1_j6fyjsm wrote

Good eye!! Yes it's aldi and it did a very good job here on it's maiden voyage

lamensterms t1_j6g5zkv wrote

We bought one the other day, looking forward to testing it out - perhaps this will be the first thing cooked in it!

JustPlat t1_j6g7u9b wrote

A restaurant here (now closed) used to have "General Tso's pork belly" on the menu and it was life changing for me. This looks just as good.

tomviolence_86 t1_j6fxdmq wrote

this looks amazing and I just got pork belly on sale today! I know what to do with it now!

syntaxsavant OP t1_j6ge7gv wrote

Thanks for all the kind words, I hope you all get to try and thoroughly enjoy it!

Dontsleeponlilyachty t1_j6el2xa wrote

"I don't eat pork."

"Since when?"

"Since I started lobbying for the pork industry."

−1