Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rathlord t1_j9t8i7g wrote

The person you’re replying to is selling hyperbole anyway. Very few people are trading in their phones for color changes, and it’s certainly no more common for iPhones than it is for any other brand. This is just tired Apple fan bashing tripe, as is the Reddit way.

pvdp90 t1_j9u141o wrote

Granted it’s not the norm, I have personally seen at least 3 cases where people got the 13 pro in sierra blue the traded it in for the whatever it’s called green version some months later and then doing the same with the 14 to get that purple.

Apple knows what it’s doing. They always have one stand out color because it’s a very visible and clear sign that you have the latest version and it does push sales, even if not for the majority

MoirasPurpleOrb t1_j9t9qic wrote

I mean, one of the top comments at one point was something along the lines of “Red Pro? Instabuy!” So there is some truth to it.

rathlord t1_j9t9x8q wrote

Maybe they have an iPhone 8 right now? That doesn’t mean they’re trashing a brand new phone for it. But also- one person does not a sweeping generalization make.

TheNuclearMind t1_j9uedii wrote

I worked at T-Mobile and I can guarantee you that majority of customers who upgraded their phones did so because they liked a color on the new phone, even if the specs were almost the same and the phone had the same size and number of cameras

rathlord t1_j9uu1d3 wrote

Statistically that is untrue. They might choose the new color because they like it, but as cited elsewhere in this thread, iPhones actually stay in people’s hands more than Android devices, which would seem to suggest the frequent color changes are not a relevant factor when upgrading.

TheNuclearMind t1_ja0qrm5 wrote

I'm speaking from my personal experience as a salesmen. I promise every customer isn't being surveyed about their reasons.

WonOneWun t1_j9v8ryg wrote

I had an old coworker who was 21 im 31 for reference. Whenever we got our last stimulus checks from Biden he had just gotten an iPhone 11 he said I’m gonna use my stimmy to go buy outright and iPhone 13. I couldn’t even tell the difference in the phones or why you would waste 1k* like that. Granted I bought a ps5 with mine 😀