Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PlannerSean t1_jdy1ok9 wrote

I love my Apple gear. I have a lot of Apple gear. Hell, I’ll buy almost anything they make and be in the line. I have absolute zero clue why this product exists and couldn’t conceive of ever wanting it.

−3

kiwi-surf t1_jdz0pro wrote

Imagine working anywhere (e.g. outside) with your laptop but now you have a bunch of extra screens. That’s about the only thing that has made me interested in these headsets.

belarged t1_jdzdtpy wrote

That part sounds awesome, but I’ve heard of motion sickness and headaches being a real issue, limiting the amount of time you could actually use a VR headset.

For some people it’s a few minutes, for some it’s a couple of hours. I don’t know if there’s a fix for that, or if it’s just what happens when you take over an entire sense without bringing the others along.

Tier161 t1_je006el wrote

Tbh most people I've seen having motion sickness in VR had them in room-scale, standing still is better, seated games like Elite Dangerous/Squadrons barely provoked any. But ofc YMMV

Kaeny t1_je0xee5 wrote

Not when youre looking at static stuff like multiple screens and not in a moving game you wont get sick