Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

noxx1234567 t1_iv21hl8 wrote

It's the same Taiwanese companies that make iphones in china that are setting up plants , so there won't be any perceptible difference in the final product

nameisfame t1_iv3h1zn wrote

“We found paying nickels to be too expensive, we’ll find new markets that will accept pennies.”

MisterCatLady t1_iv3s2za wrote

I think Apple once paid a settlement to another large company in truckloads of pennies.

−4

BigOrbitalStrike t1_iv2tgti wrote

Labor costs in China are rising. This is a good sign indicating livelihoods are improving and better jobs are being created not just factory work.

Sml132 t1_iv4dv9j wrote

Why is anyone here downvoting the criticism of the caste system? It's everything that the modern West is supposed to be against. It keeps poor people poor. This thread is a mess.

FictitiousThreat t1_ivadb6k wrote

Exactly what I was thinking. Apple is taking advantage of the caste system, an unforgivable Offense in a western company.

Phastic t1_iv3xnwy wrote

Oh no. No, no, no

DigitalSteven1 t1_iv484oi wrote

Anything to cut costs and get back to slave labor.

Phattyasmo t1_iv4arwe wrote

Oh, so now they'll have slave labor in India instead.

Appu_46 t1_iv4nlfq wrote

If this mean cheaper iPhones in India, this is great!

Astral_Mensch t1_iv6k7lx wrote

Chinese manufacturing is quickly losing the competitive advantage it used to have a monopoly on. Places like India, Mexico, and Vietnam are poised to compete with Chinese manufacturing in a much more significant way than the CCP has anticipated.

One could say, “Well, the CCP will automate and leverage AI to maintain their current economic positions.”

How? And who exactly would oversee the automation and who would design the AI? The answer is foreigners, western companies. But those foreigners and those companies are fleeing China, for a few different reasons.

The CCP is all about “face” and they’re currently in a “fake it til you make it” mode when it comes to automation and AI.

All this means is that the CCP will only continue to brutalize its workers, depress wages, demand more hours worked and under harsher conditions, lockdowns, etc.

n3m37h t1_iv1zj4q wrote

Apple moves from one slave market to another fify

−8

RayTracing_Corp t1_iv25y78 wrote

Apple Foxconn factories pay good money for the workers. Nearly 2-3x that of local factory labour wage and have good working conditions.

It’s not the sweatshop you think it is.

Sml132 t1_iv4die6 wrote

Three cents per hour versus one. Gotta make sure they can still afford the anti suicide nets of course

RayTracing_Corp t1_iv4lyu4 wrote

Lol you know nothing. There’s a reason Apple factories here rarely have open positions.

You can have a decent life on their wages. Cost of living is very less here.

n3m37h t1_iv29tvi wrote

is that why they added anti suicide nets to their buildings?

−4

asamulya t1_iv2a8rk wrote

Find one on the Indian factories and I’ll agree with you. The Indian labor market is significantly different to China. The cost of labor is cheaper there.

n3m37h t1_iv2bbp1 wrote

If ya think Apple will pay more for the same you are living in fairtale land.

Everything in india is corrupt, you get shot ya gotta pay the cops to not arrest ya.

−14

iJ1001 t1_iv2gmo3 wrote

Lol what, are you even indian? Foxxcon pays upto 1.5x the local rates. They pay around ₹16k/month which is decent for a labourer.

n3m37h t1_iv2ipre wrote

1.5×0=0

−13

mr_sl33p t1_iv2sx5g wrote

Thank God you can sleep at night knowing your phone is made in a responsible Chinese factory since this issue is only an Apple issue. Or maybe you got yours made with good old ‘Merican labor which we all know is unblemished?

n3m37h t1_iv2ta9g wrote

Korean, I have a Samsung

mr_sl33p t1_iv2xizn wrote

Unless your phone is less than two years old there’s a good chance it was made in China. Otherwise it’s probably Vietnam or…wait for it…India. But I’m sure it’s the good part of India. Not that sucky part that Apple uses. 🙄

n3m37h t1_iv2xy9o wrote

Vietnam is actually where Samsung phones are made, most of them anyway. Samsung's manufacturing facility is located in Vietnam's Thai Nguyen province where two factories are churning out smartphones, tablets and wearable devices.Oct 3, 2022

−4

FictitiousThreat t1_ivaceln wrote

I don’t know why this is being down voted. India is as corrupt as the mafia. You can do anything you want as long as you pay off the right government official. That’s why their environment is so screwed up – – they have regulations against pollution but they’re not enforced and differ from region to region. What sense does that make, when we all have to share the same water and air?

gchaudh2 t1_iv28xgt wrote

Can you explain how factory workers in India are categorized as slaves? Like are they forced labor? Or is this just another brainless edgy comment ?

asamulya t1_iv2a2w1 wrote

He doesn’t know shit about Indian market. He’s just making a blanket statement.

n3m37h t1_iv2a02g wrote

low wages long hours. Like how Nestle relies on children to pick cocoa

KittenKoder t1_iv3hehn wrote

When you have to work for someone else to survive, then it's slavery.

KittenKoder t1_iv3h3bj wrote

The brahmin in India are making it easier to exploit the people there. That's why.

−12

unshared_ptr t1_iv3v0a7 wrote

This is such a crazy take. India is led by a lower caste man and has a lower caste head of state. Keep tilting at windmills.

KittenKoder t1_iv42j2a wrote

Oh, a figure head who still does the bidding of the brahmin. The fact you call it a "lower class" illustrates how fucked up casteism is.

−5

Sam1515024 t1_iv47bcq wrote

I thought Modi was fascist and second coming of hitler, Stalin and Mussolini all together? Did he get weaker?

[deleted] t1_iv52zzx wrote

[deleted]

KittenKoder t1_iv6dev9 wrote

In other words, it's casteism, that's a lot of words to justify casteism. They wouldn't be in that mess if they weren't labeled at birth as a "lower caste".

[deleted] t1_iv8dc53 wrote

[deleted]

KittenKoder t1_iv8eezz wrote

You did not make your case better, but instead so much worse. An indoctrinated slave is still a slave.

[deleted] t1_iv8ez09 wrote

[deleted]

KittenKoder t1_iv8xk0c wrote

Yet they're still treated like shit and often have to resort to working in the scam centers us scambaiters get shut down. If it was all so great for them, the scam centers wouldn't exist.

[deleted] t1_iv8yilz wrote

[deleted]

KittenKoder t1_iv8z63n wrote

When did I say lower class/caste as a derogatory term? I dislike all upper class/caste, period, they're all shit.

[deleted] t1_iv8zuau wrote

[deleted]

KittenKoder t1_iv94wz4 wrote

Yes, you chose "lower", I'm just using the words you chose.

[deleted] t1_iv95jwp wrote

[deleted]

KittenKoder t1_ivcd06a wrote

Yes, you did choose to use the word "lower" to describe them and now you're also saying "lower cast" is just worse while I'm point out that the people you choose to call "lower caste" are mistreated.

Stop using your religious bullshit in an attempt to say otherwise.

slazer2k t1_iv20p30 wrote

They never learn to bring it back to the US or Europe, yes maybe slightly more expensive HR wise but lock at the trouble we now have with China and the shittons of money the future cold war with China will eat away, and then India will be the next China ....

−13

asamulya t1_iv2al0x wrote

Cost of Labor is a huge cost. It makes a lot of difference in the eventual margins that these companies are looking to have.

I am sure they can survive if they bring the manufacturing to US but their profits would be less than half of what they can currently get. Which means shareholders will not be happy.

It’s all about money.

slazer2k t1_iv2c4gw wrote

I rather see them pay American workers than later the War machine and trade war costs

−2

asamulya t1_iv2oicp wrote

I do not disagree and this is not fair to American workers either. I was just explaining the rationale.

Naresr t1_iv41wqp wrote

Get atleast 51% of Apple shareholders to agree with you and it can be done.

Aggressive_Bed_9774 t1_iv2deg8 wrote

you saying in 30 years there's gonna be a US vs India cold war ?

TheDarkClaw t1_iv2e3lo wrote

They're going to beat us just with their Bollywood dancing.

slazer2k t1_iv2eayn wrote

I am saying I don't want to find out all the money which went to China to use the factories of the world went into three things corrupt officials, Military build-up, and buying real estate and companies in western companies neither the Chinese people nor Western people have profited and in the western world, the profits are in the hand of a few shareholders at the expense of the working people so I think we don't need to do this again...

johnslavt t1_iv2kcib wrote

India would side with china in a world war. They’re dependent on their economy

−3

noxx1234567 t1_iv40r6d wrote

What a stupid ass statement , Indians approval rate of china is around 20% USA has around 80%

johnslavt t1_iv4258u wrote

Yeah, my bad. I meant Russia, not china. But I just did a little bit of research and realized that the indo-Russian friendship might be a little bit more complicated right now.

BruhBorne69 t1_iv40jjn wrote

Are you serious? Do you even know the history of India and China? China claims literal Indian states as their own territory so no India will never side with China, if there is ever a cold war between China and US India will prefer to stay neutral.

Sam1515024 t1_iv471mp wrote

Are you okay bro, as far we are concerned, it was india which banned TikTok and other big Chinese apps, and not only that it was China and US, Who were friends since last 50 years. Please read history boss

grumble11 t1_iv2fzkf wrote

The US has long since lost its manufacturing advantage. Expensive workforce that is difficult to mobilize with fairly poor reliability, and tons of overhead that doesn’t exist in the EMs

Watch ‘American factory’ to understand.

Withkyle t1_iv2jm2e wrote

Great now they have a direct line to scam me.

−13

LickingAssIsRimming t1_iv32bq6 wrote

ew... i wouldn't want an indian made iphone... is there some way to tell which ones are from china?

QUIT NEGGING ME! It's a quality thing. You can neg me when India has landed something on the moon.

−22