Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cL0udBurn t1_j2sc9ac wrote

Just to piggyback on this discussion...I was given an Apple TV 4K for Christmas and it's a fuckin gamechanger!

No more shitty slow Samsung "Smart" UI.

chilifngrdfunk t1_j2smzys wrote

Can't wait to replace my Samsung "smart" tv for this very reason lol I mean $250 for a 55" 4k tv was pretty good and we bought it almost 4 years ago so we've definitely got our money's worth but holy hell does that UI lag like crazy lol

SwivelingToast t1_j2sm5zf wrote

We use Disney + constantly, and the smart tv apps are all unbearably slow, so I use the PS5. It's overkill for sure, but when I push a button the screen responds instead of waiting 10 seconds or so.

Really wish I could just buy a screen, I have so much crap plugged in that the "Smart" functions are a waste.

NanoGeek t1_j2soorc wrote

A dumb screen with the same specs would probably cost a good bit more since they'd be losing out on the option to datamine what you watch.

SwivelingToast t1_j2sp0e4 wrote

I just did a bit of looking, it seems the dumb screens are mostly for commercial applications and the prices are sky high. Guess we're stuck with Smart screens for now.

brotherenigma t1_j2vyg16 wrote

Which is why projectors and AVRs still exist. More expensive? Definitely. Worth the price? Also definitely.