Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Manjorno316 t1_jabru4y wrote

Well it's an extremely subjective question so I wouldn't say it's debatable since there is no real answer to that question.

kennyh90 t1_jac0dd1 wrote

Exactly! It’s a good game but it’s done nothing that hasn’t been done before. Wolfenstein was the first person shooter game and was hailed for a new genre then doom came out then half life.

I don’t really care much for wolfenstein 3d as a game in itself but I respect what it’s done for video games, same with doom, it’s a great game and popularised the fps genre but it was still wolfenstein with a different coat of paint.

Dark souls was awarded as the greatest video game of all time, for me I don’t entirely disagree because it’s a whole other level of experience. That said there are people who detest fromsoft games so that opinion of mine is purely subjective.

The Witcher 3 is commonly thrown around as the greatest video game of all time, once again subjective, for me it is indeed a great game but is it the greatest thing I’ve ever played? Nah, not to say I don’t lose hours in it but it wouldn’t be my “if you could only play one game” but it does deserve it’s high acclaim for sure

I really kind of hate these posts because there isn’t a definitive “greatest game of all time” it’s purely “my favourite game of all time”

Sorry for the long text but I agree with your statement so much it deserved an intellectual response

Manjorno316 t1_jac30ca wrote

Don't worry about the long post, made me feel intellectual reading it.

one_step_kloser OP t1_jacraz8 wrote

I have heard so much about RDR2 that I gave it a second chance. And after finishing the game, I didn't feel like I played one of the best games, hence the post. With the hope that someone would come along and show me what I missed in the game.

And I'm glad you posted this long message. Just shows that not everybody has the same taste, and it's ok for me to not feel greatly about the game.