Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CorneliusVaginus t1_je4nmvj wrote

I just play everything on the hardest difficulty now, so it'll make me want to complete it and feel that YEAH SCREW YOU GAME! pride.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4o3xp wrote

i think for me I really enjoyed the enviroments of elden ring I wasnt doing a lot of combat but just chiling in the open world was really fun

Elephant_Alarmed t1_je4owyr wrote

then maybe a game like elite:dangerous or no man's sky might be something to you?

in those you're basically just chilling in an open world all the time.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4qfub wrote

i would play no mans sky a lot of stuff gets confusing and overwhelming as well

any other games for exploration?

Elephant_Alarmed t1_je4sjni wrote

really depends on what kind of exploration you like.

if you like abit of story those might be for you:

zelda, especially breath of the are games I can get lost in for days, in a very good way.

assassins creed games have a lot aswell and it's mostly quite nice to look at.

skyrim and other elder scrolls games are a good choice aswell, if you'd do all the content you'll be good for weeks.

witcher 3 has a lot to do aswell and has many choices so playthroughts stay interesting.

read dead redepmtion 2 - lots of story and lots of realisticish gameplay and such.

​

if you just want to explore maybe try those:

terraria - it's more then 2D minecraft and I enjoy it a lot more.

valheim - it's all about crafting and exploring

staker anomaly - it's stalker but 100% open world, nothing will ever top that atmosphere.

star citizien - pretty much like elite:dangerous but it needs a nasa computer to run.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4su3e wrote

I really loved breath of the wild just hated weapon durability, I've yet to finish Witcher 3 LoL kinda lost where I was up to tbh

Stuff like that maybe

Elephant_Alarmed t1_je8zegn wrote

at the 12th of may breath of the wild 2 (tears of the kingdom) will release, I bet you'll enjoy it too! :)

they released a 10-minute gameplay trailer of some new mechanics this week and god damn, this got me so hyped, I really can't wait.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je90xyh wrote

i was never a fan of weapon durabillity but game was really fun, though at least we have some cool middle ground for weapons

CorneliusVaginus t1_je4p46k wrote

Yeah same aswell, I mainly play games like Horizon Forbidden West, Elden Ring etc. Just to get great screenshots, but I do love chilling in areas and listening to all the games sounds too! Becomes a different game in a way.

Dragonbarry22 OP t1_je4qb9h wrote

any other games that would be good for that sense of exploring ?

CorneliusVaginus t1_je4vd8m wrote

Hmm.

I'd say if you want a pure puzzle atmosphere game then The Witness! Its a must try.

Skyrim is the best pick overall, but you've probably played it already.

Both Horizon games.

Outer Wilds

Red Dead 2

Ghost Recon Wildlands

Assassins Creed Black

Riders Republic and Steep.

(My favourite game) Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.

These are all relatively open-world games and do require some time playing though! If you want some not as big games.. then I'd say

Journey

Flower

Proteus

Spirit of the North

Ico (personal favourite)

Shadow of the Colossus (still quite big)

The Last Guardian

Slimer Rancher

Feather

Subnautica

Grow Home

Gravity Rush

Abzu

Steep

Rime

Bully

Rebel Galaxy

Haven and Journey to the Savage Planet are both interesting picks, but they're genuinely fun to just play.

Edit: on phone, sorry for weird layout.