Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Pacu99 t1_iu8bwxc wrote

I'm worried for your arm

CrystalO1986 t1_iuewl65 wrote

You know the other arm alwayz shows up great work can't wait to see you when you finish.

the_elkk t1_iu88o8t wrote

WOOOW that's so impressive.

Charcoal... Just a question: How do you do the reflection in the eyes? Do you leave it out with charcoal and use the white paper or do you actually apply some white color?

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iu8dmv3 wrote

Thank you! Great question, it’s the natural paper whiteness. 👍

Cupcakes_n_Hacksaws t1_iu980lq wrote

Do you cover it up until the surrounding area is complete? I'd be worried about the charcoal smearing onto it

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iub3vx4 wrote

Thanks for your question. No, if it accidentally gets smeared onto it I just use the eraser to clean it. I hope that makes sense. 👍

TheW83 t1_iu8pmfs wrote

Never seen anyone draw top to bottom. Is this common for charcoal or just how you like to do it? Looks spectacular, btw.

Stamoose t1_iu9ub0z wrote

Could be to prevent smudging of the charcoal with their hand.

OralCulture t1_iuab6i0 wrote

Don't you just use a stick of some sort to rest your hand on? I have never seen anyone draw like this, in fact, I don't understand how you could get the layout correct.

_Thoeb_ t1_iuahz98 wrote

If you zoom in you can see light sketches of the beard and jawline. So, seemingly they did a full rough sketch and then went back to do the real work from top to bottom.

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iub0c57 wrote

Thank you! I appreciate your comment. I start with the initial sketch and work my way down section by section. It’s just a personal preference. I also like to work in this way as it helps prevent smudging.

Crazygamerdude17 t1_iuap9xi wrote

Seems like printer drawing, a few people will do it, most of the time they have an outline before starting

xenglandx t1_iu8qdhk wrote

It amazes me that you draw this like a printer, i.e. each 'row' is complete going down - whereas I, a non-artist would draw the entire outline and add layer each shade to the whole thing. Why is your way better?

redditsuckscockatoo t1_iu8ye0h wrote

Any experienced artist would tell you not to do what they are doing though. It's less expressive and it's not creative. Yes they are doing it like a printer going downwards line by line (that's just a gimmick btw). I dunno. I just see stuff like this and I think, what's the point? Why not literally print out a picture since it's not showing any of the creators artistry either way. They've traced the outline of Kratos and now they are filling it in.

moo100times t1_iu8qyxq wrote

Do you reckon a printer noise being made helps as they fill the gap in?

IsureamMunsoned t1_iu85rck wrote

That's fantastic 👏 wasn't a huge fan of the game personally. But your talent is undeniable!

AnDroid5539 t1_iu8ptri wrote

Sure is a good thing you told us it's a work in progress, otherwise I would have thought you were done already. /s

Trin_64 t1_iu85e59 wrote

Looking great so far 👍👍

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iu85hjy wrote

Thank you! I appreciate your comment 😊👍

Trin_64 t1_iu85ljy wrote

Most welcome :) Hope the finishing touches go well

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iu86l68 wrote

I've started the beard and It’s quite challenging because it has so many intricate elements. I appreciate your support as it’s helping me complete it. Thank you :)

Trin_64 t1_iu86wc5 wrote

No problem! I am well full of extra support if you are in need of any.

Azlar- t1_iu92v6t wrote

Holy shit, this is incredible! Take my award 🤗

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iub385g wrote

Haha, thank you very much! I truly appreciate the award. 😊🙏🏆

GrumpyFeloPR t1_iu8seb0 wrote

boy...

boy...

draw my mouth, now

DirtySpawn t1_iu8t32d wrote

Looks awesome. What are you using to blend the charcoal? Finger? Blending sticks? Paper towel? Etc.?

What ever you use, or combination of, is great. So many different looking texture changes, like the forehead and then the stripe on his head difference, is bringing Kratos to life.

DirtySpawn t1_iu8te69 wrote

I just looked through your other posts. You are extremely good and talented. Great spatial awareness. Great eye for color. Yes, I am jealous. LOL

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iub1ufy wrote

Thank you! I use a brush to blend and my finger for darker areas too. I’m glad you noticed the details and texture changes. I also appreciate you looking through my other artwork. Your kind words are greatly appreciated. 😊🙏

Sylanthra t1_iu9zxt7 wrote

You need to do a timelapse where it looks like you are doing cartoon style drawing where you move you hand once over a line and have all the details just show up.

ThatDumbArtist_real t1_iua9hg9 wrote

did you trace it and just do the shading or did you do it all by yourself?

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iub8987 wrote

Great question! I don’t trace. I use the grid method. 👍

ThatDumbArtist_real t1_iube2o1 wrote

whats that?

NabeelaTheArtist OP t1_iuco9ut wrote

Drawing a grid over your reference image, then making a grid on your paper with an equal ratio. By breaking down your subject into a series of tiny squares, the grid method allows you to produce an accurate outline of your subject.

McBeano72 t1_iu9fy58 wrote

Is it harder drawing it this way than doing an outline of the whole thing first? It seems like it would be to my untrained eye. Might impressive Edit; I just realised there is an outline albeit a very faint one! 😅

Duchock t1_iuatxdm wrote

This looks like some real rest of the fucking owl in progress going on here.

Fun-Heat-2772 t1_iuc2a7d wrote

Did upon playing oh of war three one shot hades your first time playing?

profburek t1_iuc5q9m wrote

I drew a stick figure once

Sensible-yet-not t1_iu907r5 wrote

Lady, you're such a tease.

Edit: talking about the unfinished drawing you gross bastards, leave it to reddit i guess.

−2

MtnMaiden t1_iu8cfk6 wrote

You need to hold your artwork up along with your face to make it better

−8