Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Bananaslamma24 t1_iujkfwf wrote

You know ignorance doesn't stop being ignorance just because it's on YouTube.

Mickcooley OP t1_iujkr44 wrote

its not ignorance its a fact that this is the case SBMM makes the game almost unplayable due the the fact that it ignores connections, back in the day if we sucked we had to get better and by playing against better players we got better if you keep playing on a certain level you never improve and are always stuck at the same level

Bananaslamma24 t1_iujkwfb wrote

It was like it is today.

Mickcooley OP t1_iujl8a5 wrote

no because SBMM will never allow you to play against better or worse players its a constant level that you'll be on so you'll never actually improve

Bananaslamma24 t1_iujlgpk wrote

But there was always SBMM in CoD, as we already established.

Mickcooley OP t1_iujmflj wrote

yes but most times it did pair you up against better or worse players this version of it refuses to do that, your always gonna be on the same level that's the problem you'll never improve older cods also had hosts for the games which meant the game was strictly running off someone else's connection so obviously it put you up against that group of players because you all had a better connection with each other and the lobby never disbanded.

Bananaslamma24 t1_iujmur8 wrote

No you still got put on servers being hosted and played in by people at your skill level.

Mickcooley OP t1_iujnki2 wrote

massive amounts of people have called out SBMM myself included are you saying we're all wrong?

Bananaslamma24 t1_iujnw2b wrote

I could insert an extremely easy political comment here, but I'll just say yes, yes I am.

Mickcooley OP t1_iujo420 wrote

so we're all wrong then ok fine whatever lets leave it their then because we obviously disagree completely

Bananaslamma24 t1_iujoaz5 wrote

You really hate critical thinking that much?

Mickcooley OP t1_iujouef wrote

its nothing to do with critical thinking it to do with the arrogance of some people I hate I have acknowledged that while yes SBMM was in older COD's it was a secondary matchmaking tool the majority of the games that you played in older cods were based off connectivity, I have never once said the thought of SBMM is horrible or bad if you actually read my post I said the concept is good in the likes of ranked playlist which it is hence why it's called RANKED playlist.

Bananaslamma24 t1_iujpryf wrote

You are as arrogant as you are ignorant. It was not a secondary matchmaking tool in the older CODs, SBMM matched you as it does not then gave hosting to the person with the best connection, if you had bad internet you'd still have a bad connection as you do now, without it casual would be an unplayable mess where every game goes poorly with you either getting stomped or doing the stomping, there's no fun or progression in that, thats one of the main reasons CoD was the winner of the 360/PS3 FPS wars.