Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ArsenikShooter t1_ja3elnb wrote

There is no way that car could pull off that turn in real life.

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja3i4oy wrote

Yes completely agree, but I was struggling to animate that specific turn in the first place (I’m also kinda new to 3d animations like these) so it’s not perfect

Britz10 t1_ja4oogv wrote

Clearly never seen a car do donuts

Keswik t1_ja2zotu wrote

Must be good donuts, or I wouldn't want to bring food in a car that nice

MrStickySpaz t1_ja38i6d wrote

This looks like a game I'd play. What is it?

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja39mts wrote

Fun you asked!!

For now it’s nothing yet but I’m going to try and make my own open world race/driftgame. I know it sounds a bit much to just make on my own but I would like to keep it small for the beginning because I’m new to game design and development.

What I had in mind for now (map wise) is this donut shop that leads up to a mountain. I also want to add a small city, bit of desert and a beach.

I’m going to try and make it all by myself using inspiration from suggestions (and lots of tutorials 😅) I know my way around blender so I could also make all the assets and textures myself (as I did in this animation)

In the future I hope to get the game published but that’s so far away that I can’t even begin to dream about that

Thanks for the interest!!

whenigrowup356 t1_ja3d5ry wrote

How important is this donut shop to the game?

Have you considered an unlock for doing donuts in the parking lot of the donut shop?

Have you considered a spinoff donut shop management sim game?

Just asking the important questions

*ETA: also the art looks great, good luck!

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja3huon wrote

Thanks!!

I did think of a special unlockable for doing a donut in the parking lot but I still need to make the rest of the game playable and good looking

But I think the unlockable will be something in the range of a livery or top hat or something

If all goes well I could even consider hiding a mini game inside of the game that has something to do with the shop, but I’m far from there to put that level of detail into it 😅

YourtCloud t1_ja4n02i wrote

You should look into also making a 7/11 or 11/7 if you are worried about copyright. There is an Instagram trend called cars of 7ELEVEn, it would be cool to add that part of the culture in there somehow.

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja4o0gs wrote

Yeah I had that exact same idea

I think it would be a great add for in a game like this :) but I will try to get in touch with 711 for copyright and that sort of stuff

MrStickySpaz t1_ja5412x wrote

Yeah I kind of thought this would be a sim builder type game from the look of it.

Like what if you had to manage multiple businesses but you can only manage one at a time and you have to drive to each one to be able to interact with it. You could motivate the player to drive faster cause some choices are time sensitive.

What ever you do I'm actually pretty excited to see.

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja55458 wrote

I see. For now I’m just going to keep it to driving mainly because I’m new to game development but I’m gonna remember this for maybe in the future when I have more experience.

Bc I get what your idea is and I think that would be really cool as well

Also the style isn’t going to change but the camera placement probably is but I’m not sure yet :)

imnota4 t1_ja4ai5o wrote

Looks one it'd make an interesting loading screen if there was a loop of some sort

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja4bt8s wrote

Originally it loops and you see the pagani (bleucar that drives off) reverse park before it loops but I had to cut it off otherwise the file was to big for this sub reddit

stiegosaurus t1_ja4iabs wrote

Awesome job. What software stack do you use? Cinema4d/octane for me.

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja4jvd7 wrote

Thanks!! All of the assets are made in blender. Im going to make in Unreal 5 but im new to the program so its a lot of just figuring out the nevagation

the concept animations are also made in blender for now

stiegosaurus t1_ja4jz9e wrote

Good stuff. Unreal5 is fun for sure. Definitely jump in.

SunChipMan t1_ja4id1q wrote

Not enough cars that go AAAOOOOOOOGAA when you press the horn.

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja4k39v wrote

😂 soon 👀👀

No all jokes a side I exactly finished one today making a concept animation as we speak

SunChipMan t1_ja4kc9a wrote

I'd guess you played at least some Art of Rally and Absolute Drift?

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja4ksus wrote

I exactly wanted to get art of rally but I never did for some reason, but the low poly style is a style a really dig not only because how it looks but it’s super fun to me to make 😅

Absolut drift was a blast but not a direct inspiration for this but is see what you meant

Beachmaster5000 t1_ja5t0c6 wrote

Pagani Huayra, corvette c7 zr1, two RX-7’s, and a challenger.

Am I close?

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja64173 wrote

Almost correct,

it’s a custom widebody zonda r

It’s a c7 only not zr1 but also custom (but I get how you see a zr1 in it from this angle)

It’s not a dodge but it’s a hillclimb build based on a mark 1 golf

Rx7 was right (also with custom bodykit)

MusicalMethuselah t1_ja5vn88 wrote

Why is the animation name 'donut shop?'

^^^^/s

Historical_Aide_2744 OP t1_ja63mre wrote

To be honest its just because im bad at naming things 😅😅 and I couldn’t think of anything better

pappazeuss t1_ja6hfdi wrote

I like the stuff coming out of the vents up top.