Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

leebo462 t1_jchwjo6 wrote

Hopefully it can tell the dude in the picture that his headphones are on backwards

Zeroarm66 t1_jcigi4d wrote

You didn’t know? All the cool kids pee their pants and wear their premium headphones backwards… duh

yosoysimulacra t1_jckr040 wrote

Consider me Miles Davis?

csdoubleyou t1_jcr86ur wrote

Jimi played his guitar upside-down, just sayin’…this nerd is channeling his inner Jimi with all the things, keyboard, posture, headphones….

chupacabra314 t1_jchzzoi wrote

Lol that's the first thing I saw in this image. I need help.

overlander_1 t1_jcj1vog wrote

few, thought i'd been wearing them backwards all this time

flecom t1_jcilk8o wrote

Also those monitors are waaayyyyy too high up, bad ergonomics

redstangxx t1_jcm3ojz wrote

eh, not if he wants to fit his laptop monitor underneath like that.

flecom t1_jcokpos wrote

it's still bad ergonomics?

convenient maybe if that's the configuration you want but you are going to be causing quite a bit of neck strain

XTornado t1_jcjvbko wrote

I like to think that his connector is on the right and he switched by software the side to have a less bothering cable or he find the more confortable this way and that all is fine.

nopunterino t1_jci9k4u wrote

OH MY GOD WHY DON'T PEOPLE FUCKING CHECK LEFT AND RIGHT

sadplayed t1_jcis5ri wrote

BRO IS JUST FROM WINDOW WORLD

nopunterino t1_jcisbsc wrote

I DONT CARE

ITS SO FUCKING DUMB, I SWEAR WHEN I HAND PEOPLE MY CLEAR THEY GO TO PUT IT BACKWARDS ALL THE TIME

FUCKING SKILL ISSUE

solid12345 t1_jciv4dv wrote

What annoys me is headphone manufacturers who hide the left and right symbol in tiny little crevices or corners or grey text on black etc.

nopunterino t1_jcivct1 wrote

If it’s asymmetrical like a clear tho it doesn’t need to be massively exposed, people can still check tho, for the love of god

sadplayed t1_jcitcux wrote

IN FACT I FEEL YA BROTHA

I MEAN AT THIS POINT I FEEL BETTER TO BELIEVE THAT DUDE ON PHOTO IS SEEING HEADPHONES FOR THE FIRST TIME AND HE ASKED CANS FROM HIS BROTHA FOR THA VIDEO

overlander_1 t1_jcj2750 wrote

In defence of people using these particular headphones, the marking is pretty small, pretty easy to miss on the bottom of the ear cup next to the plug, that you kinda have to get the right angle to light on to see.... sooo i'll give them a pass on this one.

AnotherSpecificDuck t1_jcj6a77 wrote

The drivers are angled. It’s literally the most obvious marking there possibly is

vexii t1_jcje62o wrote

i don't need the Left/Right to know im wearing my glove on the wrong hand

LoudRubbish t1_jci96tp wrote

Someone tell him to fix his posture

SmartOpinion69 t1_jcht04k wrote

maybe AI can automatically EQ that trash tier headphone into something decent

MrCatsoup t1_jchw0oq wrote

no no you can't make fun of focal headphones on this subreddit, it'll make some people mad

IMKGI t1_jci03hh wrote

oh noo, my overpriced HD600 brick some people like to call Utopia /s

gonomon t1_jci35jv wrote

It would be amazing if focal filmed an ad titled "what you can do with Utopia?" and tells that you can write GPT-4 using them :P

Old_RoseyGo96 t1_jcigcqx wrote

Its not a big ask. Left and right. Wow.

Redracerb18 t1_jcil2ym wrote

The best thing I want AI to do in music is to be able to automatically assign audio channels to old records. Give me retroactive channel mapping

Certain-Criticism160 t1_jcs7gk8 wrote

>The best thing I want AI to do in music is to be able to automatically assign audio channels to old records. Give me retroactive channel mapping

have you considered Demucs, spleeter, open-unmix, or melodia?

Redracerb18 t1_jcs8wed wrote

Personally I haven't looked into them specifically.

What I was talking about was a lot bigger.

So most audio files either have stereo or mono sound mixing. Either left or right channels or just the same sound on both ears. Perfect example of channel mapping and sound stage is Earth Wind and Fire's September where you can hear the bongo man in the far front right speaker. Or Frank Zappa's Album Apostrophe where you can hear Frank move around the room. Or even Steely Dan where every song is almost perfect. For a good long time you where dealing with mono sound on vinyl. While you had the ability to play stereo most song where recorded for just one speaker, your Center Channel. What I want is to be able to play would song through an AI that will then automatically assign vocal arrangements and tones to either the left or right channels respectively. If the drummer is on the right I want to hear the drummer in the right speaker. Or in a duet where you have two people on one mic I want to have each person's voice on each respected side.

That's the theory, in practice you have to analyze every tonal shift over every note of the song. Assign a channel to that instrument then repeat for every other instrument until you get a file where every instrument plays independently. Then be able to combine selective channels to several primary channels life your front, your left, you're right, both forward and back mapping respectively. For every instrument it get more complicated.

Most bands have a standard arrangement where the drummer is on the back, vocals are in the center front. Bass can be on either left or right. Don't forget the piano which could also be center stage depending on the artist or in the back right. It's easier with multiple microphones where you can already have different audio channels but when you start talking about only one mic like the "Wall of Sound", it gets more complicated.

The Advantage to AI is that it learns how to do this over time. It would get fed more data for more songs and over time you would have older songs be rerun through the AI that could improve them even further. I know I am in essence talking about a massive shift in mastering recordings. I know that I could be talking about completely overwriting an artist original Vision for a song. This would be an AI that would completely shift the music industry into either adopting better sound stage or it would become a massive issue with copywriting works and IP ownership. I'm not sure at what point this is transformation of the art or just plagiarism. All I know is that this would be one of the biggest changes to music in world history, possibly more then recorded audio in the first place.

JennyDarukat t1_jckadmu wrote

Neck go owie with those screen viewing angles

Naimmuso66 t1_jclo7qt wrote

Lol he got them on backwards 🤣

genghisjohnm t1_jcmi1nm wrote

Typing on a laptop keyboard instead of the mechanical keyboard right behind it. Resting his forearms against the edge of the desk. Headphones backwards. Monitors way too high. Desk way too high unless there is a keyboard tray? Cable management is a mess.

This is made by an AI maliciously trying to convince humans of a horrible ergonomic situation.

Playeddit t1_jd3zaf9 wrote

If you still can’t tell left and right, no AI can fix that.

NoobBrawler0211 t1_jedld9q wrote

Gotta fix the posture and headphones are on backwards. First thing I noticed.

MDmoneydog t1_jcjix3w wrote

you can see by the logo that the headphones are on the right way...

−2

Ulquiser t1_jck5w60 wrote

read what you said again and think about it for a second