Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Gofa_Kirselph t1_j1bbxyc wrote

I wear glasses and headphones at the same time. I do use some of the most comfortable headphones ever, which are the HD 700 and the Aeons. Changing pads on other headphones can help sometimes.

TheFrator t1_j1bhjmb wrote

I wear glasses and you get used to it. I find it helps to move the glasses off the bridge of my nose slightly

MahlerheadNo2 t1_j1bjvyq wrote

One of the reasons I enjoy on-ear cans so much.

guesswhochickenpoo t1_j1bkdgn wrote

I have ray-ban frames which are very tall but flat horizontally (if that makes sense) and they sit quite flat against my head and thus don’t cause much issue. The very end of the arms where it curls in at the back so press into my head a bit when using my 560s but it’s not too bad.

My skinny head causes more of an issue with my 560s because they tend to slowly slip towards the back of my head and I have to periodically pull them forward. Might be partially due to the glasses arms but I think it’s mostly my head size / shape. Either way it’s not uncomfortable, more so annoying.

StrydaJohn OP t1_j1blfql wrote

Interesting, did it take a while to get used to? I just rigged up a pair of my reading glasses to one of the headbands for a pair of goggles and that is drastically more comfortable.

TheFrator t1_j1bn6cv wrote

Yeah I'd say. But I grew up with a headset since I played video games with them and glasses. So I have thousands of hours with the feeling.

Sounds like it would be! I know they make glasses that are designed to be worn with motorcycle helmets and pilot headsets.

maXXXjacker t1_j1bni74 wrote

I had some glasses with thickish temples and temple tips which caused discomfort and sometimes pain after awhile. Decided to switch to this brand called Silhouette. They make some ridiculously ultra thin eye wear, I have absolutely no problems wearing headphones now, even on-ears are okay. The temples and temple tips are basically just a wire almost.

Apart_Flounder702 t1_j1btnqe wrote

Very uncomfortable w the Edition XS and 6XX, no problem w Aeon Closed X and R70x. I find IEM w weird ear hook shape to be more annoying w glasses than hp.

No-Season2-No-Life t1_j1cuiyj wrote

Glasses with very thin temples are the solution, mine are about 0.5mm and I can't feel them wearing glasses.

mcjasonb t1_j1e1ql9 wrote

It’s going to depend on the headphones and it’s going to depend on the glasses

Iman_S5 t1_j1ha6dn wrote

I had an idea a while back for making some kind of goggles/visor style glasses with a fabric loop which should allow for a great seal without compromising the seal (in theory).

Someone should do this for real tho

StrydaJohn OP t1_j1hatio wrote

Yeah funny thing is I actually did this by unscrewing the arms of my reading glasses and attaching the lenses to the headband from my snowboarding goggles. Works like a damn charm. So comfortable. Only thing is it looks kinda funny, but I don’t really care when I’m doing computer work.

AntOk463 t1_j1j0o9u wrote

Headphones require a good seal to sound properly, so they clamp down heavily. Look into some open backs with soft pads that because they don't need such a good seal and the earpad will easily go around your glasses.

D00M98 t1_j1jii1m wrote

I wear glasses.

One possible issue is comfort. I find headphones with large earcups and low-medium clamping force. To me, this is needed for good comfort even without glasses. And does not bother me when I wear glasses.

The worse experience I have had is with on-ear headphones. Earpads push and pinch my ear against eyeglasses frame behind my ear.

Second possible issue is with bass. With closed-back headphones, seal is important for bass. So glasses will break that seal, reducing bass.

With open-back headphones, this is typically not an issue, because there is no seal to begin with. To confirm, just listen with and without glasses and compare the bass.

IntoTheMirror t1_j1kqz47 wrote

Headphones with glasses no problem, depending on the headphones. I just can not do on-ear headphones with glasses on. Most around-ears are fine.