Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ststairz t1_j55tbz9 wrote

Do you have any general idea of how the intelligent equalizer works? For some reason I hear very little diffirence between detailed/balanced/warm preset. Music mode seems to disable many DSP effects, while Movie mode seems to add crossfeed and some reverb/hall effect. I also don't understand the Game mode, especially the Performance preset. Could you shed some light based on your knowledge of the software?

SteakTree t1_j57ggdg wrote

Game mode will still process 5.1 / multichannel and I prefer it for movies as well. My guess is that Movie mode is somewhat consumer oriented and probably accounts for less than perfect headsets. So it will have a bit more bass boost and it’s spatial reverb will be greater / wider. But it also may match better with some high end headphones and IEMs. So use to taste.

And yeah the music mode doesn’t seem to be that dramatic but perhaps that’s a good thing for those that want less processing.

I really only use Dolby for shows and movies. For music I have separate apps (nPlayer Pro using DTS-X on iOS hood for flacs and easy file transfer, Waves NX on iOS which is better but has some quirks and limitations and Waves Abbey Road Studio on Mac/PC but requires some technical know how to setup as it requires VST or AudioUnit host). Also been enjoying using my PS5 and still experimenting with media on it - certain games are incredible on it with my 660S.