Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ToanZodiac OP t1_j4y9z7p wrote

I used 4 Ikea Eket shelves with their wall mounts and installed some puck lights I found on Amazon. The wires are routed behind the Eket as each unit has an opened area behind them. It was my first time putting something on the wall so there are still a lot of imperfections. 😁

snapple0 t1_j4yc74n wrote

That's neat!! I use a bookcase with glass doors, an not creative enough to make anything on my own :)

D00M98 t1_j4ymf1b wrote

Nice, look like art pieces in a museum.

Lelouch25 t1_j4ydr7d wrote

looks very modern

=D

boarderms t1_j4yvgt4 wrote

Looks awesome! Maybe find a way to hang the Audezes just by the metal band instead of the leather strap so it doesn't stretch (unless you don't care) just a recommendation. I might have to replicate what you made though it looks amazing!

ToanZodiac OP t1_j4yvsmw wrote

Thank you. That's a good advice to hang the Audeze

DeIaminate t1_j4zsy0i wrote

How do you hang your Audezes? Would you mind sharing a pic please?

boarderms t1_j5079c4 wrote

Unfortunately I don't have one off hand and am unable to get a pic anytime soon. Basically, with the hanger part, go between the leather and metal band so that the band rests directly on the hanger or whatever you use and the leather strap is underneath it. When the leather goes underneath, there shouldn't be any tension on it

red_baa_ron t1_j4zwa0o wrote

When they hang fully closed like this, doesn't the leather strap sit flush against the metal?

boarderms t1_j507d76 wrote

That is what you want to avoid since the leather will be stretching out bit by bit overtime

red_baa_ron t1_j508f9c wrote

Sorry I meant the metal of the headband. I hung my LCD-X on a similar stand and believe there was no stretching because the leather wasn't supporting the weight when the headphones are able to fully close, like shown here.

boarderms t1_j50hfon wrote

I think it may still cause some stretching but I do not have mine on me atm and can't verify, sorry

Tozzpot t1_j4z1t5x wrote

That looks sensational, mate. Don't undersell your efforts - if there are imperfections, they're hard to spot, and don't detract from the effect at all. If I were you, I'd be basking in the satisfaction of a job well done.

Fidelius_VT t1_j4z2j5v wrote

Are those the pokemon grados?

ToanZodiac OP t1_j4z2klu wrote

Yes they are

Zaxer_ITA t1_j4z3xbj wrote

May I ask what exactly are those? A custom mod or an official collab i wasn't aware of?

1trickana t1_j4zuqh2 wrote

Did you use a different drill bit for every hole? Kidding, looks great! First time for everything, every time you build something you learn for the next time

ToanZodiac OP t1_j50459n wrote

The 4 holes in front are the same size and the other 7 holes in the back vary in size depending on how many cables are routed thru them 😀

GiveMeGoldForNoReasn t1_j50w8xh wrote

They're... visibly not the same size. We can see them.

ToanZodiac OP t1_j50wg70 wrote

Prolly just me screwing up the drilling process because I used the same bit for those holes 😀

DrEngineer1979 t1_j53bsnv wrote

An alternative to the hole in back is a hole in the top which can be hidden under the puck light

ledsled447 t1_j4z5s5c wrote

But... What if you buy one more?

ToanZodiac OP t1_j50365v wrote

I display only the 4 most expensive ones, the others go onto the desk hanger

MM1ck t1_j4zf1le wrote

Very tidy, neat and clean.

You limiting yourself to only 4 pairs, or have you plans for expansion 😁

On another note.... Your audeze's, what are those in the sockets? Blanking plugs or something.

ToanZodiac OP t1_j503e8t wrote

I only display 4 most expensive ones I have. The rest are being hung on desk or in storage. I actually put socket adapters for both my Audeze and Senny to convert them to dual 3.5mm so I can use the same cable for every headphones

MM1ck t1_j509aq4 wrote

> I actually put socket adapters for both my Audeze and Senny to convert them to dual 3.5mm so I can use the same cable for every headphones

Now... there's an idea.

Joulle t1_j4zya3c wrote

So you live in a headphone store

oldkidLG t1_j50k4tn wrote

Focal makes the best looking headphones in the World. They also sound really good

StanKukin t1_j50t8cg wrote

Oof. Sexy and modular!

attlo996 t1_j50urlx wrote

Amazing... But that black line in the back of the Focal is killing my OCD.

ToanZodiac OP t1_j50v7sb wrote

Haha. I didn't notice that until I had put everything up. It's just a matter of taking everything off and pulling the back board down

sjmj23 t1_j518t1i wrote

Looks great, you definitely provided some inspiration for my end goal setup with this! I bet you can find some putty or something you could use to cover up the wire holes if you'd like.

AntOk463 t1_j52c243 wrote

I thought the First one were Sundara because of the circle earcup and the yoke design, bur it had the other headband type. I was going back and forth for a while until I saw the mini XLR connectors and realized they are Audeze.

TheHapster t1_j507m0l wrote

Do these stick out from the wall, go into the wall, or a little of both? Hard to tell from the angle, but I imagine that was part of the point.

zod000 t1_j50grkb wrote

These look great. I have some somewhat similar display frames (I went with hexagonal), but I didn't put lights in them as they are a little high, and I didn't see a good way to turn them on and off.

ToanZodiac OP t1_j50gxn2 wrote

I plugged the light power source into a smart switch and have Alexa turning them on

zod000 t1_j50j4bi wrote

I have made a concerted effort to keep "smart" things out of my home for now, so I'd have needed to wire in a switch somewhere. Your setup came out great though, so it definitely worked out.

Hurkamur t1_j50o17v wrote

What are your favorites of the bunch? Are those clears? I was looking at them as they are more than half off now due to being discontinued.

ToanZodiac OP t1_j50okpi wrote

I would have to say my Elears with Elex earpads (basically makes it an Elex). I like the fast bass punch.

martialar t1_j50yxqr wrote

I thought those spaces were recessed and I was like "dang, that's a lot of work for headphones, but it looks awesome"

antyman t1_j51ftu6 wrote

What happens when you inevitably get the next pair?

ToanZodiac OP t1_j51fxuf wrote

It will dethrone the least expensive pair on the shelf