Submitted by moxie-girl t3_10uwzck in iphone

I recently got my iPhone 14 and was thinking of getting an apple care+ with loss and theft. I also considered getting one from my carrier but I probably won’t stay in their postpaid for long term, so maybe that cancels out.

is it worth? I had my 13 mini for about a year and didn’t get it, and I didn’t have any problem whatsoever even after going caseless. I have it on my iPad though.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

hillandrenko t1_j7ec2wj wrote

No. Until you smash your phone then it's the best purchase you ever made

moxie-girl OP t1_j7ecf13 wrote

hmm true, I had the se 1st gen, 8, 11, and recently the 13 mini, I dropped them but no cracks/dents. maybe just invest in a good case and screen protector

hillandrenko t1_j7edggq wrote

I don't have apple care for my phone. I do for my watch though because I judge that more like to get smashed. My phone is in my pocketbook for most of each day.

DiscussionLeft2855 t1_j7fu9oi wrote

Yea always a good idea to go in for a solid case and tempered glass which doesn’t really mask the phone. A good bumper is a great idea

ConneDomme t1_j7elwap wrote

The rule is simple for every insurance - if you can afford repairing it yourself it is not worth it. It apply to cars, homes and everything else.

SillyCubensis t1_j7gec8m wrote

Exactly this. You’re always better off “self insuring” for any sort of consumer good. Apple care, extended warranty, etc are just ploys to take more money out of your pocket.

BeachedBottlenose t1_j7ejcxn wrote

Found out I was paying AT&T $8.99 a month for phone protection. I just bought an iPhone 14 Red and canceled the AT&T coverage and bought AppleCare. It’s a better deal and likely better coverage.

moxie-girl OP t1_j7ew7bm wrote

I got charged/billed for $45 on their protect advanced for 4 that I didn’t sign up for…called this morning to cancel and glad they did. I don’t even have 4 devices on my account 😭

bbllaakkee t1_j7fnk9a wrote

If you're going to keep your iphone for years, then it might be worth it to pay the monthly one

i never get it, but i upgrade every years

cr0wit0 t1_j7ef5zt wrote

Depends. For me is not, I have not smash a phone since the iPhone 3GS… brand new, left it on top of my car while pumping gas… and that was it.. 18 wheeler went over it when I drop off Loves. For my niece yes, she has smash every single phone without fail.

How about you?

inspectorgadgetaudio t1_j7ez6p8 wrote

I did one thing because i wanted to go close to case less with my 14 Pro Max. That was 1 phone call to Apple support and asked how much to replace the screen by Apple in Australia. They quoted $650. So I got Apple Care. I suppose it depends on your own personal situation financially and is the cost of replacement an acceptable risk🤷‍♂️