Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ElectricBrain t1_jdk3arf wrote

This feature sucks. I have multiple emails I all use however it always brings up this one email even when I manually type in another. There’s no learning ability at all. The email it brings up I never want to auto enter.

Lil_Twist t1_jdkagqd wrote

Well a trick I learned was to go to your text editor / autocorrect and add a word like “@@“ which you tell it to autocorrect to your email. So even if you have more than one you can keep adding different autocorrect words and phrases, ie “@1” or an “@2”. It’s whatever you want to do.

LlamaRS t1_jdko749 wrote

You know people can still make out what it is, right?

14letters3numbers t1_jdkq4bi wrote

It is not the email address that is listed first on my contact. For me, it is always my second email address and it is completely inflexible. I hate it so much.

thechadmonke t1_jdl77eb wrote

Yeah but it doesn’t work if you have a third-party password manager, at least not for me. Whenever I go to a username text field it’ll just say “passwords” without letting me dismiss it. My shortcuts don’t even work.

Mecharuva t1_jdl8kox wrote

I believe that’s up to the app developer to indicate what the input field is so that iOS keyboard will behave appropriately, and password boxes can be specified. Odd they’d do that on a username field.

Still_Ocelot930 t1_jdle4fm wrote

What if the email that comes up isn’t mine? Is there another way other than text shortcuts?

Bacon-80 t1_jdlelvi wrote

I'm not entirely sure but my guess would be that frequently visited websites can detect a pattern maybe? For the email that may be more commonly used on its domains and suggest similar? Not really sure tbh.

cd247 t1_jdlgv8o wrote

I don’t know either. I don’t think it’s that though because I never use my school email since I graduated. Most of the time it just shows my “home” email address though so it’s not a huge issue. The only annoying thing is that usually when it doesn’t pop up, text replacement shortcuts don’t work either

Partayof4 t1_jdlj1pl wrote

Login in gmail and change whatever setting you wish to change

−9

fetzu t1_jdljiro wrote

Unfortunately it is not the first (or second, or third…) email listed in your contact card. Mine is still autosuggesting a gmail address I have phased out in 2019…

GlitchParrot t1_jdljqat wrote

It’s not odd at all. The username field will also be automatically filled in by the password manager. It’s actually really convenient, especially if you don’t use the same email/username for all apps/websites.

jkfall t1_jdln1nt wrote

Go to your contact and change your email there

SexySalamanders t1_jdlvnuq wrote

I believe iOS is trying to be „smart” and predict which e-mail you’ll want to use instead of just allowing you to force it to always suggest the one you set as the default one…

caspararemi t1_jdlx26h wrote

Mine brings up a gmail address I haven’t used in years and isn’t on my contacts or in my Mail app. No idea how to get rid. But more annoyingly if I’m signing up for something after half a second it pops up the button to create a hidden iCloud address, so the gmail one always pops to the right and I always tap on that option then have to cancel. No idea how to disable that.

VxJasonxV t1_jdlya9f wrote

Open Notes

Hit enter

Select all

Copy

Go to Shortcuts

Paste

Alternatively, just get it set up appropriately in Notes or Messages once, select all, copy, and then paste it into keyboard shortcuts.

BellamyRFC54 t1_jdlyir2 wrote

Start typing in another email and it’ll change

Ignivomous t1_jdm273z wrote

I use this, too, but it only works about half the time I need it. It mostly fails when I’m using my email as a log-in field, like saved passwords feature overrides it. Anyone have a fix?

JagerKnightster t1_jdm4uz2 wrote

It keeps suggesting an email that i haven’t used in years. It’s not on my contact card, and the account is not logged in to my phone. Super frustrating

drink_water_plz t1_jdmb0q4 wrote

On a side note, you do know that there’s a greek letter keyboard, right? Meaning you don’t really need shortcuts for stuff like Σ,π,Δ,δ,μ,… or maybe even others in case you do physics and need like λ,ω,ρ,σ or whatever

Lyra125 t1_jdmjemi wrote

I have not been able to get this to work? is it because I'm using a non apple keyboard?

most of the time when there is a text field my text shortcuts don't work so it ends up being useless

SenorW00tles t1_jdmtarq wrote

To add on to this… you have to hit shift before return to add the line breaks. It doesn’t look any different, but it definitely is. Tap shift like you’re capitalizing something, then tap/hold shift again while pressing Return where you want the line breaks. I just spent way too long getting “shitpants” set up because I still think poop is funny at 36

magsbunni t1_jdn08cl wrote

Tell your dad to stop biting your nipples

Cheddre t1_jdn3fhr wrote

Not particularly often for any of them, but it’s very nice to have in case I need to. i do a lot of science both for school and in my free time, so i find it convenient in these cases and i have a lot of other shortcuts for those purposes. like for example i have shortcuts for subscript and superscript numbers, useful for chemistry [C₂H₅OH] and math [9² = 81].

Planetary symbols are just nice for shorthand in astronomy. for example, Jupiter has a mass of about 310 M⊕. other symbols are just nice to have access to whenever i might use them

here this one is for you:

#↑

PretendMuteTrain t1_jdn68mj wrote

You can change the email circled by clicking undo and drawing different shape. You can try triangle, rectangle, square, maybe rombus too. You're welcome.

mevaz8 t1_jdqkcsv wrote

You realize you don’t have to circle it since it’s the only email you’re showing, right???