Submitted by soiboybetacuck t3_ygst36 in iphone

The main 1x camera on this phone is worse than my iPhone X. Seriously. I take full brightness shots outside and zoom in and there is no detail in the far objects, just a blurry mess.

Has anyone else dealt with this? I’m super disappointed, since the rest of the phone is amazing. I am on the latest software. I also have a lens protector on the camera module.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jhnyrrr t1_iua9tqd wrote

You just answered your own complaint.

Take off the lens protector. They’re horrible and they affect camera quality.

Been there and tried them, took it off after 24 hours for the same reason, picture quality sucks.

soiboybetacuck OP t1_iuaa61e wrote

Did not realize it would affect shots that much. It’s a brand new protector - I will take it off though thanks

pilotinspector85 t1_iuack84 wrote

https://imgur.com/a/X0QA3nE/

With and without camera protector. Night time. Big difference. It’s also noticeable in daytime.

Jozex21 t1_iuayqkj wrote

i have camera protector there is no difference between the photos

−12

pilotinspector85 t1_iub2afb wrote

I was able to notice a difference but maybe my protectors were just crap quality 🤔🤷‍♂️

VanceIX t1_iuaimp3 wrote

If you really want to protect the camera module get a case with a sliding camera cover, like this:

Spigen Optik Armor (MagFit) Compatible with MagSafe Designed for iPhone 14 Pro Max Case (2022) - Black https://a.co/go0p8pk

Or just keep the camera naked. It’s pretty durable.

frickindeal t1_iuan50r wrote

I mean it's like putting a filter in front of any camera. The camera uses precision-ground glass, and when you slap a cheap plastic or glass protector on it that is nowhere near the optical precision of the factory glass, you're going to get problems.

oVerboostUK t1_iuaqrzk wrote

As mentioned, camera protectors are a waste of time. You wouldn’t put rubbish plastic on top of a professional camera lens, same applies for your iPhone.

soiboybetacuck OP t1_iuaunur wrote

Ya well I got kids man.

−16

oVerboostUK t1_iuav7jj wrote

So? Don’t leave your phone laying around where they can get to it then… if you just leave it within reach of them, or worse let them play games on it which I’ve seen many people do, then the chances of it getting damaged increase massively.

rcrter9194 t1_iuawn7h wrote

To be honest mate, so long as you’ve got a case on around the kids, you’ll be fine. The camera lenses are quite strong against impact (in my experience anyways) just don’t forget to clean them if they kids get a hold haha.

fs454 t1_iuazdn9 wrote

The camera is not a weak point in the design whatsoever.

oldeurofan t1_iuaxa2k wrote

u/soiboybetacuck you could try a case with a cover that slides over the camera. When you take a pic, you just slide it out of the way. I've seen a few of them, tech21 has one, it's a bit bulky looking, but looks protective. :)

Enidx10 t1_iubdryl wrote

The lenses are bar none the most durable/scratch resistant parts of the entire phone. What are you doing, man?!

BlackHole6Cut t1_iud0eki wrote

They're the most scratch resistant, not durable. The more scratch resistant (hard) something is, the easier it will be to crack (more brittle).

constellationthinker t1_iubrlwr wrote

I also have a lens protector on the camera module.

​

You have no right to complain. take that shit off

Zemyoro t1_iua9dz3 wrote

The lens protector is most likely the culprit. If it continues to occur, even without the lens protector, then this is a software issue and could be fixed in an upcoming update.

MartinLo-AU t1_iuc3x19 wrote

Use a lens protector like spigen optic armor. They don’t affect quality.

drunkaviator t1_iuczkgk wrote

Why do you need a lens protector? The lens is sapphire, I’ve never had one on any iPhone scratch.

Jp2C5150 t1_iuaffde wrote

Could also be just the larger hardware on the pro max produces a natural blur for the background. It has a shallower depth of field.

−2