Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Economy-Cupcake808 t1_j9737j5 wrote

Man they really checked all the diversity boxes

Finesseer t1_j9amo6v wrote

Any way to set themselves apart ig, since every dispensary in this general region carries roughly the same brands at roughly the same prices.

DontBeEvil1 t1_j97csn8 wrote

I'm pretty sure there are more that exist.

−12

centech t1_j99ajlk wrote

I don't know about you guys, but I don't think I've ever met a black latin lgbt female disabled veteran before. I think that's a bingo.

carcosa___ t1_j9ab4nu wrote

The irl equivalent of finding a shiny pokemon

idkinfo t1_j9ajhdw wrote

Probably two people to meet the criteria to register the business to meet the check marks I do know mixed women who enlisted in the military in hs who knows

Akmaster87 t1_j984uf0 wrote

I need to know the reason why Jersey City does not have a dispensary yet. I know the answer is corruption, but can someone tell me the exact thing/legal reason/license our local government enforced? In April it will be 1 year since the state legalized weed.

I hate driving to Elizabeth for my bud. Or Montclair. Or now picking it up in NYC on my way home. Pretty much everywhere in the surrounding area EXCEPT jersey city.

Svacheen t1_j9ack79 wrote

In short , Fulop’s wife is involved with the dispensaries and ol buddy Stevey has been denying permits to competitors that try to open in the area. The weed game is so corrupt it’s just family members of shady politicians getting approved right now

Akmaster87 t1_j9bl22u wrote

Now this is the take I wanted to hear. It makes sense.

KenseiSport t1_j98dmuu wrote

I really think it’s just the slow wheels of bureaucracy at work.

I say this because I’m not familiar with any rec dispensaries that have opened yet anywhere in the state since the law passed. All the ones operating in NJ now where already operating as medical only.

ButACake t1_j9fb032 wrote

& the two latest ones that are independently owned are also medical 🥲

Holistic Solutions & Valley Wellness

SkyeMreddit t1_j99di6d wrote

NIMBYs are coming out of the woodwork to oppose them, in every town in the state. Many of them don’t like within 50 miles of the place yet claim it would hurt their home values.

crazylegsbeansie t1_j97ept4 wrote

Hell yeah. I’ll take this over Whole Foods

ButACake t1_j9795bf wrote

🚀👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾👏🏾 they also own sw3at sauna studio on Newark ave. Awesome people!

orb_king t1_j98fp6e wrote

I’m happy to get dispensaries. Current price and selection is unbelievably bad right now. You can buy a 1g cart in Manhattan for $35, or you can buy a 500mg cart at Rise in Elizabeth for $65… it’s gonna take some serious work to get these prices under control. I made one purchase at an NJ dispensary for the sentimental value, but that’s gonna be it for me until the prices drop below double, from their current quadruple…

Jeff-Van-Gundy t1_j996xjd wrote

I work in nyc but I don’t trust any of those smoke shop dispensaries and def none of the trucks. I’ve had some of the worst bud in my life from those places, I’m not rolling the dice on their carts. I stopped buying carts from all gray market sources a while ago just to be safe. I haven’t been to the legit nyc dispensaries yet but I heard they are charging insane prices.

Sometimes the carts go on sale. I got a 1 g of Gary Payton for $70 from apothecarium in Lodi last month.

Treethan__ OP t1_j9fd3x2 wrote

Yeah the housing works spot sells Jaunty carts for 55. They are actually pretty good! I like the Jack herer ones

Jeff-Van-Gundy t1_j9firbb wrote

WTF what is everyone on the NYC sub bitching about? That's a damn good price for a legit cart. I was with my friend from Chicago last night and she pays 150 for 1g carts out there

Treethan__ OP t1_j9fwbfq wrote

Jaunty isn’t the best but like it’s still fantastic for price and not being gray market. Plus they like bitching because it’s all sun grown local and they feel like the industry is being locked off via corruption and politics. While it has some merits it’s turned into bashing anything that’s legal to attempt to basically push their narrative. While it definitely has merit I do think the hate is too intense and targeted at the wrong groups. The hate should be directed at the commissions not the dispensaries and growers

ButACake t1_j9ae4wl wrote

The first wave of new NJ dispensaries will all be carrying the same “over priced” products as the current dispensaries ….. until LOCAL CULTIVATORS & MANUFACTURERS get licensed.

Dispensaries are at the bottom of the supply chain, prices don’t get set there

orb_king t1_j9ae8le wrote

Costs don’t get set there, but prices do.

ButACake t1_j9farvl wrote

They kinda don’t tho 🫣😬

Cultivator sells to processor for $5 Processor sells to retailer for $10 Retail sells to customer for $20 -$25

Easy numbers for the sake of showing how it generally works for us in the supply chain

njmids t1_j9b4cck wrote

All product on the market is made by “local cultivators and manufacturers”. There just isn’t enough of them yet.

ButACake t1_j9d7x7x wrote

“Local” lol

Ascend wellness - Massachusetts Curaleaf - Massachusetts Trulieve - Florida Zen leaf - Nevada Columbia care - New York

….. I can keep going 🙃 but I think you’ll get the point.

Medical side all we have is Hillview Med, outside of that … Jersey has no licensed LOCAL cultivators or manufacturers yet

njmids t1_j9da9b3 wrote

They all have NJ cultivation locations that employee NJ residents. Not sure what your definition of “local” is.

ButACake t1_j9f9o7z wrote

It’s that way now because each state has to operate on its own. The second federal legalization comes, those companies are packing up and certainly not taking their NJ employees with them. Long term & over all = we need NJ born & bred cannabis businesses.

idkinfo t1_j9ak2jq wrote

Congrats on your manufacturing license ❤️ the dispos suck!!!!!!!!

The quality and the price suck. It’s a nice visual experience when entering some have hood staff but going to the dispo is a last minute resort.

ScumbagMacbeth t1_j9g2hrf wrote

I was in MA yesterday and decided to stop into a dispensary. They had five times as many different products as my favorite NJ dispensary, and everything was about 2/3 of the price.

NoodleShak t1_j982lia wrote

How convenient that this is the general area of the heights I’m aiming to move to.

allkill t1_j98rs1t wrote

Like 20 min walk away

NoodleShak t1_j98xj9y wrote

My cousin lives around the corner on the border with union and I plan on being around there. I will say coming back from California I do hope we have equal quality gear. The CA weed is damn amazing.

Saywhat50 t1_j9f47hn wrote

Anyone else find it sad they feel the need to fill the diversity boxes? Like who gives a shit we just care about the quality of the product

Treethan__ OP t1_j9fdmzo wrote

Does it matter? Like if they want to share and be proud of it what makes that sad? Let people do what they want doesnt affect you in the slightest

Saywhat50 t1_j9fdxcy wrote

It doesn’t matter in the slightest, but it’s still sad since they are using their identities to appease those communities. So yes it’s very fucking sad

Treethan__ OP t1_j9fwjht wrote

Idk just seems like people are cherry picking stupid bullshit to be upset about that’s irrelevant. If they want to be loud and proud so be it let them. Just seems a bit gatekeepy to me but seems like I’m in the minority in just being happy about it

Saywhat50 t1_j9hi14d wrote

I agree, I’m not mad I just find it sad. Hopefully their weed will be good though!

jerseycityfrankie t1_j9gjjet wrote

Explain like I’m not a pot smoker: what becomes of all the people that were running the pot economy before there was legalization?

PIZT t1_j9cdisd wrote

They forgot disabled and elderly

−1

twanzetters t1_j971hgc wrote

Where’s this?

−3

ffejie t1_j973awc wrote

Between 34 and 38 Congress Street presumably?

sutisuc t1_j97dyhr wrote

Great another dispensary nowhere near a PATH train stop

−11

possums101 t1_j97yrpj wrote

God forbid those of us in the Heights get anything new!

sutisuc t1_j9897i5 wrote

Not at all the point

−2

possums101 t1_j98cwap wrote

Everything isn’t about you

sutisuc t1_j98d8zk wrote

Right my point being more people would have access to the dispensary if it was near a PATH stop. That’s the definition of not being about me. I don’t even consume any of that stuff. Don’t assume stuff.

Peach-Os t1_j9c675q wrote

> more people would have access to the dispensary if it was near a PATH stop

unless you mean New Yorkers or Newarkers, this is false. The Light Rail has more stops throughout Hudson County.

sutisuc t1_j9c8cgj wrote

I said “people” so that would include anyone who takes it.

Treethan__ OP t1_j990g28 wrote

Then why complain in the first place? Wanting to brag about the privilege of living near a path train oh dear nobleman?

−4

sutisuc t1_j990xwj wrote

I don’t live near a path train stop?