Submitted by SilentEwe t3_yptq75 in jerseycity

I know very little about your fine city. What is a good path stop or places near a path stop that are good for getting to know someone on a date? Food, drink, relaxation? Thanks.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

LithiumFlow t1_ivkt8mu wrote

A few downtown spots in walking distance from the Path:

Kitchen Step is really nice though a little expensive.

Dullboy is a great cocktail bar with a cool ambience and good food, also a bit expensive though.

Lucky 7 is a super fun casual dive bar if that’s a vibe you’re going for, and they have great drink specials.

Hudson Hall and Zeppelin Hall are both cool beergardens, large venues with great food and beer. Can get a little loud on the weekends and during big sports games.

Whatever you do just avoid The Ashford.

Jahtusabe t1_ivkxyc9 wrote

I like Domo Domo by exchange place

HappyArtichoke7729 t1_ivkz7pn wrote

Any of the dozens of ethnic restaurants on Newark Ave between Summit and Tonnele, right near the JSQ PATH station. And especially between Kennedy and Tonnele.

kevstev t1_ivkziou wrote

Lighthorse Tavern, I have sat next to SO many awkward first dates at that place. Satis is good too. Both are in the pretty but quiet neighborhood of Paulus Hook. The others mentioned here might be better choices if you want the option for a more bar-like scene either during or after.

Shicca t1_ivl5n57 wrote

Basement wine bar at pet shop

Smelybelybutongunk t1_ivl7tjc wrote

Cellar 335. Fun Tiki (sort of) bar. Great drinks. Food is outstanding. Good atmosphere.

Blecher_onthe_Hudson t1_ivlrhjy wrote

Amelia's seems like a nice quiet place for a date, and has good food. I hated loud places when dating.

jjvvllxx t1_ivm0ks4 wrote

I would say corto, but thats in JC heights. it isn't near the path though :( all I can say is it is a cute date spot and it's byob (or wine)

vocabularylessons t1_ivm0ywg wrote

1st, 2nd, or 3rd date?

1st: Pet Shop, Barcade, Lucky 7, Emma’s, Skinner’s Loft

2nd: The Archer, Kitchen Step, Cellar 335

3rd: Junto, Light Horse, Sati’s

If you’re just getting to know someone but want to bail quickly if shit goes south, see above recs. 2nd date is a grey area of trying to impress someone but still being unsure.

FuelQuick5251 t1_ivm4fzn wrote

Cellar 335 is a sexy tiki lounge. Inventive food and drinks. Highly recommended.

lawschoolchick2021 t1_ivmjxgt wrote

Franklin Social, Lucky 7, White Star (there are 2 locations— one is more casual, the other one is more of a sit-down restaurant), Ed & Mary’s

Also, if you like breweries, Departed Soles is a cool spot too.

I second avoiding the Ashford lol

montblanc6 t1_ivn40k6 wrote

Shoprite. Good for dates, first aisle near fresh produce has them in round plastic boxes. Very sweet

IAmRube t1_ivoy3v0 wrote

Dullboy for late night dimly lit cocktails and small bites

RootCanalPt t1_ivp2hdi wrote

Kitchen Step :) it's an amazing ambiance and great menu!!

TeamGertler t1_ivp98y6 wrote

ShopRite is only affordable food store for miles. Sanity or Money, in JC you have to choose between losing one or the other.

Wurst Bar is excellent for 1st dates and big parties. Especially friendly to LGBTQ community.