Submitted by blucifers_cajones t3_zk2bup in jerseycity

Buses missing their scheduled times at stops, not showing up at all, completely blowing past their stops (even when I go out with my bright cell phone in hand to wave them down), and even not showing up to Port Authority Bus Terminal. It has been incredibly frustrating these past few weeks because it's happened to us on so many occasions. What's going on? A call to their customer service has yielded no help, saying "they're running on normal schedules." I can assure you they are not.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

manhattanites108 t1_izxfn1m wrote

I've noticed it happening often in Journal Square with some of the buses that aren't as heavily used like the 83.

jersey385 t1_izxjqh6 wrote

The 80 has been miserable during the morning rush. No bus for 30-40 minutes. There seems to be a dead spot in the schedule at from 8:00-8:20. It can be very difficult to get the bus at that time on Newark east of the cemetery.

undergroundpants t1_izxzeh6 wrote

the company that charters the buses was in trouble in like 2018 for defrauding NJ Transit in missing buses/skipped schedules. but somehow, they kept a contract? corruption at its finest.

https://www.northjersey.com/story/news/transportation/2022/03/10/academy-bus-nj-transit-contracts-fraud-settlement-lawsuit/9443910002/

reputationStan t1_izy2za0 wrote

academy doesn't run any of the buses anymore, but those 10 years they ran the 10 bus was hell.

undergroundpants t1_izy3uu8 wrote

oh i was under the impression that they are still operating on some routes and that their new contract was denied. not sure, though.

reputationStan t1_izy50ch wrote

njtransit now operates 10, 22, 23, 119 and Newark, orange, Elizabeth bus co. (part of CoachUSA) operates the 2, 84, 88

she_reads_tarot t1_j001rzx wrote

The 119 has been designated to a private company due to employee shortages. Aka: no serious repercussions for buses being late or just straight up not showing up. Used to be my go-to bus and now I can only rely on the 125 because I know it’s run by actual NJ Transit.

reputationStan t1_j05cgoc wrote

no, the 119 is now run by NJT. hence all the drivers wear the NJT uniform.

from October 2011-2021, 119 was run by Academy Hillside 22 and then from June 2021? - June 2022 it was run by community (coach USA), and from June 25th, 2022 - present, it is being run by NJTransit.

humchacho t1_j01wssy wrote

The 10:45 PM 119 bus did not show up at all to the Port Authority so they end up letting us wait over an hour for the next scheduled bus and don’t have any proper way to let us know. Just a port authority employee saying the bus was still in New Jersey, not that it was cancelled. The bus being in New Jersey could mean it’s 10 minutes away about to enter the Lincoln Tunnel. Just tell us the 10:45 was cancelled.

No-Practice-8038 t1_izzlzdm wrote

I've noticed this happens more and more when the weather turns cold.

reputationStan t1_izy2p87 wrote

which buses?

I regularly take the 1, 10, 80, 119 to Bayonne from JSQ and nothing out of the ordinary.

Follow NJT Twitter North Bus for any cancellations or delays. That's where I get most of my information.

blucifers_cajones OP t1_izy38hg wrote

119, 123: both have missed their departure times or never took on passengers even though they were scheduled to from Port Authority Bus Terminal. 119 misses times for pickup from designated stops on Central Ave. (this has happened four times in the last two weeks). 123: not keeping to schedule; sometimes not even showing up for two to three hours especially after 10pm. I have printed timetables of schedules saved to my mobile. Often they are late by 15-20 minutes or don’t show up at all. 88, and 87 often skip designated stops on Central Ave as well.

reputationStan t1_izzl4ya wrote

that is extremely strange. I’m not sure what to do in that situation.

Salt_the_snail_Gail t1_izy4dul wrote

I take 126 out of Hoboken and the bus comes and goes when it pleases. It’s more or less every 15 minutes or so, so I don’t keep track of how late or how early the bus arrives. I do know that if the bus leaving from port authority is either full or doesn’t see anyone else in line, they leave rather than wait for the departure time to leave

hamsterdumbbitch t1_j0g7v5w wrote

86 never comes anymore & 123 is running behind