Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

AugustWest7120 t1_j057g4v wrote

You’ll save some money on taxes but holy shit did the taxes for property ownership go up. 30% or something wild - so don’t own, unless you can.

Rents are going to go up, no doubt. Get it now if you want to do it.

The area is really nice. Laid back and some streets w cool bars and restaurants. I like leaving the rat race after work, so I like it.

Brudesandwich t1_j058uzc wrote

Gunshots everyday, all day, everywhere, all at once.

Lilmitten82 t1_j05cb3y wrote

It’s great, so nice having a Whole Foods. The produce makes it worth living the city for.

coliji t1_j05d6o2 wrote

LUXURY GENTRIFICATION

LiveTheLifeIShould t1_j05f7nk wrote

Hoboken is much much nicer than JC. If you're coming from Manhattan, you should move there.

CharminUltraStrongTM t1_j05hfqr wrote

Is the city growing? I’m really glad somebody finally brought this up. I have been noticing something very strange and abnormal happening in our city. It seems that the physical dimensions of the city are growing larger and larger. The streets are stretching out and the buildings are getting taller. I can't explain it, but it's as if the city is expanding before our very eyes.

But that's not all. I've also noticed that the walk to the path station is getting longer and longer. It's as if the distance is increasing, even though we all know that the path station is a fixed location.

I know this all sounds crazy, but I promise you that I'm not making this up. I swear that this is happening. Something very wrong is going on in Jersey City and we need to figure out what it is before it's too late.

Please, if any of you have noticed anything strange or out of the ordinary, let me know. We need to work together to figure out what's going on and stop it before it's too late. Thank you

Knobbies4Ever t1_j05hkkx wrote

Oh yeah it's growing... maybe like a dad bod.

JeromePowellAdmirer t1_j05j3yx wrote

FWIW rents at the Beacon have gone down even after the property tax increase became known. Though they were way overpriced over the summer, at one point the cheapest unit was just over 2k, now it's more like just over 1500.

CharminUltraStrongTM t1_j05jyni wrote

I understand where you're coming from, and I appreciate your suggestion to measure the dimensions of the city. However, I fear that the changes happening to our city may be beyond the capabilities of conventional measuring tools.

As I mentioned in my previous post, the buildings and streets are starting to stretch out in a way that is not normal. I believe that something supernatural or extraterrestrial may be at play here, and as such, I don't think that simple measurement will be enough to understand what's happening.

I urge you to keep an open mind and consider the possibility that there may be forces at work that we don't yet understand.

sandra22223 t1_j05nmg4 wrote

Jersey City has been renamed Jersey Shore. So plz be sure to look at Jersey Shore for your Jersey City apartment. In case you end up in the wrong neighborhood.

whybother5000 t1_j06433a wrote

Joking aside, ask yourself the following:

• Will my Manhattan friends still visit me?
  • Do I need to use late night transport a lot? Because the path is not as plentiful as the MTA.
  • Will the variety of dining options meet my needs (also not as plentiful as the city)?
  • Are my culture needs going to be met?

I have colleagues headed back to the city because JC to them is a “wasteland.” But if you’re coupled up or have a family, it’s a nice urban alternative to the city, especially DTJC.

nadelpo t1_j06bnuk wrote

Stay in Manhattan for “Better Quality of Life “ 😜

Rube777 t1_j06da7w wrote

Whatever you do, don’t hop across the river and see it for yourself

WikiSummarizerBot t1_j06ntml wrote

Expansion of the universe

>The expansion of the universe is the increase in distance between any two given gravitationally unbound parts of the observable universe with time. It is an intrinsic expansion whereby the scale of space itself changes. The universe does not expand "into" anything and does not require space to exist "outside" it. This expansion involves neither space nor objects in space "moving" in a traditional sense, but rather it is the metric (which governs the size and geometry of spacetime itself) that changes in scale.

^([ )^(F.A.Q)^( | )^(Opt Out)^( | )^(Opt Out Of Subreddit)^( | )^(GitHub)^( ] Downvote to remove | v1.5)

BuySignificant522 t1_j073o2c wrote

We can’t answer. We were all eaten alive by lantern flies.

Jahooodie t1_j07feg1 wrote

depending on where you are in JC, it can have a brownstone brooklyne vibe or a far non-subway queens sorta vibe. Nothing is Manhattan & if that's what you want don't settle for JC

G00d_One t1_j07fj6t wrote

Horrific place to live. The city has shrunk rapidly since the annexation of New Bayonne and Hoboken Heights

Aurali99 t1_j08yqf0 wrote

well TBH if I you are single, definitely stay in the city, there is not much going on in JC. It is kind of boring and the path/ferry is not very friendly for going out. 💐

mad_dog_94 t1_j0am281 wrote

stay in manhattan. this city is gentrified enough and no its not growing, its shrinking

CiNNAMONSANDERS t1_j115hh1 wrote

Just get on the fucking train and come over lol