Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rubensinclair t1_j5yzxvv wrote

Why are we giving up on recalling her? This action is so egregious and it's not like she's got a bunch of supporters in the general public. This should be remarkably easy to do. Nearly everyone I know in JC is aware of this story.

squee_bastard t1_j5z0a41 wrote

I’m not saying to give up but I think it’s an extraordinary task to recall her, especially since Fulop seems to back her. The entire situation is a disappointment.

rubensinclair t1_j5z0wpc wrote

Fulop only said he wanted to see how it played out in the courts. So now we know she’s guilty, and it’s time for him to put up or shut up.

JeromePowellAdmirer t1_j5z2hon wrote

She's got more supporters than you would think. A lot of people believe they should have the right to run over any cyclist and drive on away. They're just not young people so they're not on Reddit

rubensinclair t1_j601l5y wrote

"A lot of people believe they should have the right to run over any cyclist and drive on away."

Bullshit.

−2

RAWisROLLIE t1_j60ba7w wrote

I wish it were otherwise. I was nearly hit by a car while on a scooter in Hoboken and when confronted, the driver justified it by saying I shouldn't even have been on the road. Cops had no interest in explaining the law to them.

ScumbagMacbeth t1_j610wi3 wrote

I've had drivers ACTIVELY try to run me over on my bike. I also had a bottle thrown at me while I was riding. Try riding a bike around here sometime, it's intense. Also look at some articles on cyclist deaths in NYC. Drivers are rarely punished at all. Murder could be legal if you do it with a car.

JeromePowellAdmirer t1_j60gs0t wrote

Talk to conservatives (and Democrats can be conservatives too) over the age of 45.

cC2Panda t1_j5zcwcy wrote

>This should be remarkably easy to do.

We're a machine state. The rules in place require us to wait until a significant portion of her term is already up then we have to get 42,000 signatures from registered voters(28% of registered voters). For reference the combined voters in 2021 were just over 42k.

RAWisROLLIE t1_j605isw wrote

The simple online petition barely got a fraction of 40,000, and that was when the story was fresh. Nobody cares, unfortunately.

And she'll win if she runs again solely because of name recognition.