Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Rocklobsterbot t1_jconphq wrote

LackingUtility t1_jcox2dj wrote

I wonder if he had covid and a subsequent small stroke. Damage to the frontal lobe is thought to be one of the causes.

massmanx t1_jcpy53f wrote

How Stuff Works did an episode on Capgras years ago and that stuck with me. Imagine being in the mental state where you think all of your loved ones are being replaced by +/- pod people.

Hard fucking pass.

_violetlightning_ t1_jcqgdun wrote

I remember reading about in a book called “The Worst Case Scenario Guide to Mental Disorders You Could Have Right Now!” but now that I tried looking it up to link to it (because it was a really awesome book), I can find no trace of it, and I am left wondering if I too am suffering from some kind of psychological disorder.

_violetlightning_ t1_jcugo2s wrote

So, I saw this, and I think this is it, but I remember buying it on a vacation I took in March 2006 (the vacation was for someone’s birthday, which is why I remember such a precise time frame) and this book originally came out in 2007. So now I’m like, even more confused. Was not expecting to go from “recommend funny book on Reddit” to “funny book doesn’t really exist” to “it does, but there is a tear in the space-time continuum” but there ya go.

hanner__ t1_jcpch2e wrote

Or he’s a psycho and needed an excuse to not go to jail.

Jew-betcha t1_jcqxl4u wrote

I mean here's my thing: Assuming he's being 100 percent honest and truly believed his wife was replaced with a malicious imposter & that he wasn't hurting his actual loved one, he still tried to throw SOMEONE off that bridge.

Hoosac_Love OP t1_jconznx wrote

Looks like they need marriage counceling

−55

Sloth_are_great t1_jcqb7nj wrote

Looks like she needed a restraining order

Hoosac_Love OP t1_jcqc3a7 wrote

I think she'll will get that now more or less automatically once the husband is formally araigned.As is custom in any violent case that is domestic.

−4