Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SandyBouattick t1_iu74lrn wrote

It must be wild living in the "western MA" of large states. You can easily drive from one end of MA to the other in a few hours. Imagine what living in remote rural Texas is like.

zdigrig t1_iu7ah8u wrote

Can confirm, Pittsfield native living In centex. My idea of far was so skewed before I came here

NoeTellusom t1_iu9ivnq wrote

Pittsfield, MA here, too!

zdigrig t1_iu9safg wrote

I remember thinking driving to williamstown was far, now I drive an hour(~70 miles) each way to work

NoeTellusom t1_iua456m wrote

I went to college in North Adams, so driving to Williamstown on the weekend was pretty common. :D

My sis makes the Pittsfield to Williamstown commute pretty regularly.

suhhhdoooo t1_iu9i3l4 wrote

Moved from central MA to CA. CA is not what you think it is. Once you get an hour plus outside any of the 3 big cities, you might as well be in Texas. At least in SoCal and Central Cal. NorCal is probably more like Vermont (talking out of my ass though)

notthesethings t1_iu8z92j wrote

It takes about 9 hours to drive from one end of kentucky to the other. Eastern ky and western ky are so much more remote than western ma it’s ridiculous.

scientist4321 t1_iu9gohc wrote

Yeah, but it’s all Kentucky …

notthesethings t1_iu9h312 wrote

Sort of. The cultures are very distinct.

scientist4321 t1_iu9jotf wrote

It just shows my ignorance about all things Kentucky. Almost all things, I know BBQ is supreme, though.

notthesethings t1_iu9kz1x wrote

That’s true in the western part of the state. It’s pretty bad in central and doesn’t really exist in eastern.

Edit: talking about bbq

scientist4321 t1_iu9nh4w wrote

Moving forward I’ll stop talking about things I don’t know sooner. I have plenty of strong opinions about things I do know…

EagleRose1971 t1_iu9wlv7 wrote

The city limits for Houston alone is the distance between Boston and Worcester