Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Just_Another_Gamer67 t1_j1s3dau wrote

Is it a memorial of some sort. Im a bit confused as to what else it could be

J_Worldpeace t1_j1s639x wrote

Maybe he goes there and they’re estranged. Visit soon is the only reason I say that. I like your answer better.

Just_Another_Gamer67 t1_j1s6a24 wrote

The “visit soon” remark is what makes me think its for someone who is alive but I’m not sure if its someones way of coping with a death. Im not sure.

JasonDJ t1_j1shsr2 wrote

My guess is probably somewhere between your two guesses.

Siblings had a falling out, Big bro wants to make amends but the other won’t answer his calls. Big bro knows the other one visits moms/dads/aunties/etc bench on Christmas and left a note for them to find.

−16

Therealmohb t1_j1sub2u wrote

Tough time of year for many people. Rest in Peace.

BeeKynder01970 t1_j1sqddx wrote

Down vote me to death if you want. But, this is a memorial to someone gone but not forgotten. I know it's in a public place, but what would make someone want to take a picture and share it with all of us? I wish people had common sense and respect these days.

davidrsilva t1_j1t7xlc wrote

It was placed in a public place in the view of any random person. It is an interesting and touching thing to see and read. I don’t agree that it’s disrespectful or “common sense”. I’m fine with this photo being taken and shared.

fuertepqek t1_j1u5f5y wrote

Such a silly comment. It’s weird how some people think. They’re sharing something beautiful that can teach us all something good for our lives and some person is getting angry that someone shared it with the community.

feliscat t1_j1wt86e wrote

Would it be disrespectful to read it in person, too? That is, is putting it online specifically what you find disrespectful?

BeeKynder01970 t1_j20g686 wrote

I guess I just don't understand the thought process behind the action. You see the obvious memorial, you take a picture of it and decide to post it online. What purpose has this served? Are you adding value to the world or to your own life? It hasn't hurt anybody, so it's not actually a big deal. I just don't understand, and I guess I don't have to. So maybe disrespect wasn't what I was trying to convey.

PakkyT t1_j28sz7d wrote

Seem like you automatic take on this is the person taking the photo did it with malicious intent. Perhaps it was for the very opposite intent. Note that the poster didn't make a comment on it but simply posted something they found and found interesting. That you immediately take it to be a negative thing says more about you than the photographer.

Invincible_Duck t1_j1tagkh wrote

I agree. It’s a note from one person to their passed love one. It’s not meant for anyone else to read and certainly not hundreds of strangers on the internet. I’m sure the writer would have thought some curious passersby would stop to read it, but to share it online is such a tasteless thing to do

−5

feliscat t1_j1wt1cx wrote

What seems more likely

That someone wrote a letter like this and left it in public knowing that others would read it and was okay with that

Or that someone wrote a letter like this and left it in public hoping nobody else would read it

Invincible_Duck t1_j1xjgm7 wrote

I said in my comment “I’m sure the writer would have thought some curious passersby would stop to read it.”

My point is therefore not that it’s wrong to read the letter, but that there’s a big difference between reading a random letter you find and going “oh thats personal I should respect it” and going “wow I bet I could get internet points if I take a picture of someone else’s response to the loss of a loved one and post it on Reddit.”

It’s similar to how I believe it’s wrong to take pictures of fatal car accidents, or people in extreme emotional distress. It’s a private thing that, while seen in a public place, should be respected and left alone. Maybe your morals don’t line up with mine and that’s fine, in morality there is no one right answer.

I’m sure you can agree regardless that while the writer surely knew others would read it, it was not meant for any of them.

Adonoxis t1_j1u1wqk wrote

Maybe don’t put it in public, on a bench where people sit, in an area where people walk through commonly then?

Kind of selfish and disrespectful in its own right to be honest but that’s clearly an unpopular opinion.

−13

gabbbbaayy t1_j1sk7yf wrote

Maybe it’s about the man with the white fluffy hair and really suntanned skin. I don’t know him but rumors are he’s homeless and people call him Moses.

CANiEATthatNow t1_j1wd5uh wrote

Someone named Moe probably liked to walk up there and sit at that bench, he passed away and looks like his brother leaves a wreath in his memory. Very sweet.

RiverRATT65 t1_j1s41vr wrote

What is your take on the note tied along with the greenery to the bench? How did you feel when you found it?

It doesn't look like someone accidentally left it there. It is tied into place.

I wonder if someone disappeared at the park? Died there? And the person who left the gift/note hasn't seen the absent person in their dreams lately?

−7

Comfortable-Scar4643 t1_j1tze5d wrote

Estranged brother? The last time I was at Stage Fort park, it was clear that it was a hangout of opiate addicts. Perhaps this is related to that.

−8