Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j0h4x7g wrote

NoeTellusom t1_j0hab7r wrote

Also, when our federal taxes keep their damn state functioning.

Red states are the true welfare queens.

FamousButNotReally t1_j0ikkl3 wrote

THIS. The north subsidizes the south. We are consistently net tax givers.

NoeTellusom t1_j0iq452 wrote

Having bounced around the USA a bit (thank you, husband's 20 year Naval career), lemme assure you - the difference between living in Red states and Blue states are PROFOUND.

Red State America is like living in third world countries. So much pride, so little substance. So much crime, even though everyone is wearing a gun and no one tries to be polite, because it's their God-given right to be intolerant, racist, sexist, homophobic, anti-Semitic and living through conspiracy theories as they careen from one Trump lie to another as they compete to spend the least on public education.

Blue State America is like living in a wannabe Europe. Everyone bitches about taxes, laws, zoning and building codes, yet folks are polite and help each other and introduce themselves to the new neighbors on the block. Art, music, theatre and more surrounds you and it's not required to be religious to do so. And while all the regular ills of American life are still there, shit isn't falling down as much as in Red State America. Except Pennsylvania. WTF, man?

FamousButNotReally t1_j0j3uak wrote

Thanks for the insight, I've never been out of Mass so I wouldn't know, interesting to hear! Surprised about Pennsylvania though, what makes them the exception?

OhWellington t1_j0krgwv wrote

We need another civil war fuck the south

[deleted] t1_j0l33fs wrote

[deleted]

OhWellington t1_j0l3yl9 wrote

You’re right they should just admit that the south is shit and relinquish all controls to the vastly superior and smarter northerners without any bloodshed.

[deleted] t1_j0l4dcr wrote

[deleted]

OhWellington t1_j0l8qyu wrote

I’m just joking obviously my comments were sparked by the comments that “the south is the welfare state” and everyone is rah rahing

[deleted] t1_j0llpnj wrote

[deleted]

OhWellington t1_j0lm394 wrote

They also produce a lot of the food

[deleted] t1_j0lobh1 wrote

[deleted]

OhWellington t1_j0m6t14 wrote

Ok true but there are less people and less “carbon emissions” as well by probably a large margin.

Dramatic_Assist_4801 t1_j0lhkfo wrote

Don’t forget the country club conservatives calling themselves democrats up here voting for Republican governors because the stagnation protects their generational wealth

So well balanced and middle of the road right? 🥴 lol you’re literally all fucking idiots