Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_j5d216m wrote

Linux-Is-Best OP t1_j5d2k2z wrote

> I think you have a very draconian view of moderating, and I think I'm just gonna unsub.

That's your choice. Have a wonderful day.

[deleted] t1_j5d3cx6 wrote

[removed]

SkiZer0 t1_j5d81ku wrote

100% agree. Very uncomfortable and doesn’t seem to be doing the sub any good. Just banning people recklessly under the pretense of a moral high ground and making attention-seeking posts.

elite_tablespoon t1_j5dc55v wrote

Yeah, when moderators start making me feel uncomfortable about their actions, I just unsub. It's a lot easier than dealing with it.

Linux-Is-Best OP t1_j5d9a8v wrote

> 100% agree. Very uncomfortable and doesn’t seem to be doing the sub any good. Just banning people recklessly under the pretense of a moral high ground and making attention-seeking posts.

I disagree and yet, you're not banned.

The only people who have been banned are those who promote bigotry and homophobia, plus those who cannot have a respectful conversation. There is also 1 person, who kept trying to make new accounts, just to tell me off. -- As if, that was going to end well. lol

Now, if you're the type of person who "needs" to call people names and supports bigotry or homophobia, I can imagine I'll be a nuisance. Otherwise, I welcome people disagreeing with me and having respectful conversations.

But if you're not someone who can respect the status quo, then yes, this is me: https://youtu.be/Sg14jNbBb-8