Submitted by jaystats2 t3_11cm4ra in movies

The ability to keep one’s composure in times of stress is a gift. There are so many great movie moments where I saw the character slow down, self-regulate, and navigate through a situation without breaking a sweat. I guess it’s all about that mental fitness.

“Mr. Woltz, I'm a lawyer, I have not threatened you.”

“I know almost every big lawyer in New York, who the hell are you?

“I have a special practice; I handle one client. Now you have my number; I'll wait for your call…by the way, I admire your pictures very much.”

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TrueLegateDamar t1_ja3so6d wrote

Michael Biehn as Corporal Hicks in Aliens, so chill he falls asleep during the orbital drop and remains focused and steady even when it's just down to him and two marines.

AndyKaufmanSentMe t1_ja3yrft wrote

Another great cool-under-pressure scene in The Godfather is when Michael has to bluff away the hitmen at the hospital with only Enzo standing next to him. Enzo is shaking so bad that he can't even light a cigarette, and has to be reminded to keep his hands in his pockets. Michael notices in the middle of lighting his cigarette that he isn't shaking one bit.

Funny_Science_9377 t1_ja5n1x6 wrote

In OG Star Trek 2 when Khan is about to blast the Enterprise and crew. He demands Kirk turn over remote control of the ship to him. Kirk swears he’s about to transmit the codes to Khan and he lets Spock and the others know what to do. When he finally gives the order to blow Khan out of the sky he simply says: Here it comes…

AChocolateHouse t1_ja491ro wrote

The detective (Al Pacino) in Insomnia (2002). You can literally see Pacino on-screen playing it tough but struggling to hold it together inside as he's in a jeopardizing situation and inadvertently placed himself under the control of the criminal he's supposed to go after.

bravecoward t1_ja4ijjv wrote

Watch Heat and then watch every other Micheal Mann movie!

ZorroMeansFox t1_ja5kety wrote

This sort of beautiful competency in the face of disaster is the soul reason that Sully was made.

OnwardTowardTheNorth t1_ja5nnen wrote

Not a movie but the main character of Peaky Blinders is basically this. Tommy Shelby is practically immovable—at times.