Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

ProlapsedMasshole t1_ir1rgcg wrote

They're all chilling in my yard eating apples.

Tornado_Wind_of_Love t1_ir1qx88 wrote

Call me if you see a turkey.

(That isn't in downtown Manchester - although they might ignore the gunshot...)

beardmat87 t1_ir334a8 wrote

The lakes region is Turkey headquarters. I see multiple every day. I have a flock of about 15 that roll through my neighborhood at least once a week

woolsocksandsandals t1_ir59ldx wrote

You could probably kill a turkey in any town along the Connecticut river with almost no effort. I’m pretty sure there’s more turkeys than chipmunks in the upper valley.

klem18 t1_ir2eqrq wrote

I saw a good sized group on 27 in Candia this morning.

larrybirdmustache33 t1_ir3ltes wrote

Every time I go somewhere I have to stop for turkeys crossing the road. Seems like they're everywhere this year. I'm in the monadnock region.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir1s735 wrote

Just shot one on Sunday.

I wanted to stab one in the graveyard but that's apparently illegal for some stupid reason.

−3

[deleted] t1_ir1tvwx wrote

Probably a good reason to not fire projectiles around loved ones headstones

Tornado_Wind_of_Love t1_ir1uik9 wrote

They do like that graveyard. I see a flock of them all the time.

Please be a responsible hunter and don't hunt in Downtown Manchester.

[deleted] t1_ir1uz25 wrote

I lived down in mass for a time and there would be the biggest turkeys you ever saw who would just hang around downtown. They'd constantly be blocking traffick and making a big fuss if you so much as looked at them wrong

Tornado_Wind_of_Love t1_ir1w3oh wrote

Nothing is more amusing than a literal flock of giant turkeys strutting around Dorchester.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir22al2 wrote

I was planning on spearing but... ok

[deleted] t1_ir240xb wrote

Dude it's a cemetery. To a lot of people those places mean a lot to them and their lost loved ones. They don't want people spearing animals there for sport either. I'm confused how you don't see this.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir24vud wrote

Not confused. You're missing the subtext. It is alright, the written word doesn't often imbue the emotion of a situation.

−4

kurrpy t1_ir1pcpj wrote

Been out 4 times. Seen deer once with 2 mins left in legal hours.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir1t3im wrote

Oof

kurrpy t1_ir2pgyr wrote

Gonna be running your AGB when rifle season starts

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir2ppwb wrote

Woohoo!

I just bought a Henry in 45LC for the season. Frigging stupid M and L zone restrictions are BS given the amount of hardware I already have. Mounting the Swampfox LVPO and a suppressor on it.

I will get a deer, dammit. Even if it kills me.

kurrpy t1_ir2qbos wrote

I live in M but I cross the street to get into some land in K. Just gotta go a town north to hit some spots where I can bring my 12" suppressed Grendel perfectly tuned thanks to your block. I'd complain about the caliber restrictions if it didn't push me into buying a Beretta 1301 to sling some slugs in M. Your rig sounds dope a tacticool lever gat!

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir2x107 wrote

I am glad my block is helping you out!

My new rig is rather frigging cool. I have a 1301 as well but I am trying to quietly close the distance on these farm deer and it is a pain in the ass.

I wish I knew the north a little better than I do. Might have to take a trip.

Doug_Shoe t1_ir5qylu wrote

So many deer in my area, I'll grab one and hold it still for ya

SolitudeNH t1_ir2yu2u wrote

I mean, did you scout beforehand? If so, hunt the scouted areas where the does resided and little buck bachelor pods reside. Then around rifle season, when the rut begins, follow the does, watch tracks and sign, they move to find bucks and bucks move to find does.

Scouting during the summer and early fall is the most important part of hunting, unless you know for sure your spot is good from prior experience. If you don’t scout (unless you’ve got great luck) chances are you’ll get fewer deer then a lady in a mini van.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir3298f wrote

Oh, we scouted and know they are in the area. The problem is that we have a depredation hunter that took a few nice ones and there is a posted farm nearby that is owned by a douche. I think there is a harem of does there and the corn harvest on our farm hasn't been great.

I was a jackass and missed on opening day, a horror I relive daily. My other buddy tagged out on a beautiful little spiker. My other buddy and I are still hunting hard.

Weekend_Expert t1_ir3c4h6 wrote

Someone’s a douche because they don’t want you hunting on their land? Live free, my ass.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir3cmh9 wrote

I'm not violating his land. Why the shit do you give a shit what I do or don't do?

Weekend_Expert t1_ir3e6ue wrote

Your comment implied he was a douche because he had posted signs. I re-read, and see that I might have jumped to a conclusion. Now if he is in-fact a douche for other reasons, then my apologies. If he’s only a douche because of the posted signs, then fuck you man.

−2

Royal_Gur_2651 t1_ir39y74 wrote

Seen a few, shot one it went to the river and got taken, very bad day. I hate wasting and things getting wasted. Had another chance on another deer Flung another one and she jumped, arrow went right under her. She ran 20 yards circled around me until she winded me.

wojtekthesoldierbear OP t1_ir3cpl1 wrote

>e and she jumped, arrow went right under her. She ran 20 yards circled around me until she winded me.

Oof. I feel this. Sorry, my dude. Bow hunting is a hard game.

Raa03842 t1_ir842gc wrote

There’s at least 3 bucks, 4 does and a whole bunch of 2yo fawns in the woods behind my house. See ‘‘em every day. No shortage here.