Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

captainfav t1_iydd1o3 wrote

I’ll tell you this, rent at my old apartment complex is now more then my current mortgage (including taxes and insurance)

It’s incredible

redditthrower888999 t1_iydfh34 wrote

Property tax bills were just sent out in my town, they went up about $1 per $1000.

every1getslaid t1_iydgc9w wrote

Property taxes went up about $500/yr on both my houses. (Seacoast NH)

MysteriousEarth356 t1_iydlq3s wrote

Mine went up ~$600 per year. Altogether my PITI is just under $2K per month for a 3bdr, 3 bathroom single family home. I’m glad I bought 10 years ago because renting nowadays is too darn expensive. Something has to be done to bring down the cost of renting.

DeerFlyHater t1_iydnjwy wrote

I definitely feel for you folks that see increases each year. Especially as we all know pay hasn't gone up in most cases.

I'm probably the luckiest renter in the state or I just have an awesome landlord.

On my third year in the Lakes Region on yearly leases and the rent has remained the same. Granted it is above $2K a month, but I fully expected it to go up. This year the assessed value of the house went up $80K.

Props to my landlord as he leaves me alone, schedules preventative maintenance & includes me in the discussion, and quickly responded to the single maintenance issue I had.

My property tax situation further north is a different story. I turned in a packet to take a couple acres out of current use so I can build, but they haven't sent me the LUCT bill yet. I'm like, come on, I'm trying to give you money.

ForklkftJones t1_iydpe7w wrote

Nothing yet. She hasn't increased the rent since 2020 and it was a small amount then. Hopefully she'll stay reasonable. Good luck to all of you dealing with these shenanigans.

flyingcowsandtacos t1_iydrw70 wrote

Taxes went up in Derry by about $400 for us. Still way cheaper than renting.

BeeYehWoo t1_iydteuz wrote

2 family house. Taxes went up $1500 from last year. Both rents increased $100/month

BlackJesus420 t1_iydwn62 wrote

I rent a 800 sq ft apartment on the Seacoast. My rent went up $30 this past June. I consider myself quite fortunate!

allmykidsareheathens t1_iydy0tr wrote

When we moved into our apartment in 2018 it was $950 a month for a very small 2 bedroom in Manchester. It went from $1195 to $1450 this year.

ETA: we are a basement unit and there are zero amenities, three buildings. We pay for laundry ($3 per load), no gym or anything like that, literally nothing except an apartment. It wasn’t worth the $950 we started originally and it definitely isn’t worth $1450 but we are absolutely stuck because of COL now.

water_tulip t1_iydyhn1 wrote

My yearly property taxes are going up by $1,340.

LaserRedstang t1_iydzf2m wrote

My property tax only went by $100 thankfully.

TinoTheRhino t1_iye4g0b wrote

My yearly rent has increased by $300-500 every year since I moved out in 2015. I considered myself lucky to only get a $400 increase this past year, since most apartments in my year have increased $500/MONTH over the past 3 years.

Mortona89 t1_iye602a wrote

Started renting my Nashua apartment in June 2020 @ $1,275/ month. It’s now $1,675/month. This is a small one bedroom apartment at a popular apartment complex. Seems outrageous, but thems the rules I guess🤷‍♂️

Wtfisgoinonhere t1_iye88na wrote

We are lucky and in the 2+ years my rent hasn't changed

MysteriousEarth356 t1_iyeb3dd wrote

I agree. Seems like the homeowners in my area are against the construction of any multi-family complex within a few miles of their homes. A developer recently proposed converting a small commercial complex into a 50-unit 3 story townhouse community and people around here protested at the planning committee meetings because they want to preserve their home values. Odd thing is these same people complained about how high their property assessments are for this year.

juicebronston t1_iyeb5a3 wrote

Rent went from $1300 to $1400 this year, will go up to $1500 next year.

Encyclofreak t1_iyedaig wrote

My property taxes are only increasing by $117, thankfully.

maxhinator123 t1_iyedeh5 wrote

Yeah I had a piece of crud apartment in Nashua, bad/scary neighbors, frequent bugs and mice, rent still hit 1500, just got a place in Manchester for the same price that's 10000 times nicer, but it was a hot grab so I think my new place is well under market

mmirate t1_iyeeb48 wrote

You should encourage them to find the ridiculous bloat in the town budget and Slash It™ in the meeting next year. That will solve their property-tax problem, if they want it to be solved.

beardmat87 t1_iyeinkq wrote

Property taxes went up $1400 for the year

steelymouthtrout t1_iyeipag wrote

You're being left alone on rent because you're already way overpaying, dummy. You think you're getting a great deal because you're probably making New York City money working from home right?

−1

proseandprotein t1_iyejwlq wrote

My rent went up $100, but I have an excellent landlord.

Idisappea t1_iyeljmn wrote

Seacoast, a whole building went up $1000 each unit.

This needs to be illegal

MentllyDisnfectd t1_iyervht wrote

I'm extremely lucky and my landlord raised my rent $50.

ogurekplz t1_iyery66 wrote

My rent went up $600 more per month in Manchester

woahexplosion t1_iyesux1 wrote

My tent went up 200 a month. Then the landlord sold it. Then the new landlord raised it another 200. We're going to lose everything.

letsgouda t1_iyevve2 wrote

Going up $50 in January. I'm relieved it's not more. Studio on the seacoast

[deleted] t1_iyexzvz wrote

Yeah I just looked at the place I moved out of 2.5 years ago and it's $200 less than my mortgage but a third of the size, a duplex and it's "Zestimate" is higher than my house.

Meanwhile my house is... WAY nicer.

NckMcC t1_iyf0bsv wrote

Property tax decreased $200 annual.

Smirkly t1_iyf0hcg wrote

South central NH. Property tax increased by $64. very modest increase.

movdqa t1_iyf3kei wrote

Property tax went up $0.20/1000. I think that it's still under $4K. It went down a lot a couple of years ago.

pachucatruth t1_iyf41bq wrote

We raised our tenant’s rent by $100. We are still losing money on the unit 🙃

kyguylal t1_iyf7ddg wrote

Went from $6,800 to just under $10,000 in taxes...

sdemat t1_iyfagg7 wrote

Southern NH. Taxes actually remained the same surprisingly. Maybe a slight increase of 30 dollars.

sdemat t1_iyfax3x wrote

I was shocked to see the tax rate dropped to $19 and change. I was expecting a drop but not that large. Luckily with the revals we broke somewhat even. Some people here got hit with almost a $200k in revaluation.

allytins t1_iyfbrnu wrote

Upper Valley. My annual property taxes went from $9,500 to $15,500 in three years.

SplittingHUNTER t1_iyfbsp6 wrote

Rochester voted in a tax cap which is awesome.. but property values went up…

MurkyDismal18 t1_iyfc9dn wrote

Nashua here...my rent went up by 50% 🙃

MTBjes t1_iyfdn5z wrote

Lincoln, NH here, rent went up 5%