Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

xwalk t1_j66erc4 wrote

A total fuckin dump and I don't know why anyone on this sub defends it

−10

PowPowPowerCrystal t1_j66ll9w wrote

With high density populations you see more terrible things happen simply because there are more people. Things like this happen in all towns, everywhere, but a place with 5k people might see this happen with years between occurrences. A place with 120k will see this happen multiple times a year. Lots to criticize Manchester for, but this isn’t the city’s fault. If you read the article city employees discovered the issue. The very fact of being in Manchester brought this to a quicker ending than if this was a more rural environment where no one would have reason to be within earshot of the kids on a multi-acre property set 100 feet back from the road.

ProlapsedMasshole t1_j66t9zy wrote

Thank you for being a bastion of logic.

The level of understanding of populations and statistics around here is... expected 😔

xwalk t1_j68qv3n wrote

I worked there for 12 years, 4 of those years on night shift. My first year on 3rd shift Denise Roberts was randomly murdered just down the street (still unsolved I believe), that mass overdose of K2 (about 20 people died in a 24 hours), I shoed away the same prostitute blowing guys in our parking lot at least a dozen times, there were about 3 or 4 armed robberies at the Rite Aid on Elm within the same month! and don't even get started on the Cadillac Motel.
I spent a good amount of my free time as a teenager all over the city and it was never that shit but as time went on it ramped up really hard. I understand population dynamics but almost no where else in NH can you consistently find such garbage. I say it's a dump out of love, I'd like for the city to acknowledge the bigger issues and not the panhandling laws that don't work. And to qualify all of that, yeah I've done some volunteering there but holy shit it's brutal even just driving in there nowadays.

xwalk t1_j68o94c wrote

I didn't say anything about that. It's a dump

Jam5quares t1_j66kqcx wrote

People defend it?

xwalk t1_j68ru2m wrote

This sub goes through waves of defending it or shitting on it 😄 Defending it is just ignoring the issues in the city. Every person I've met that went to Central has a horrific story about it (ask anyone who went there, that's in their 30's or older, a story about the tunnels) but they all say something about loving it. Manchester was great but it's been getting infinitely worse over the last 20 years