Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Yesouisi01 t1_j6qogsb wrote

Ion / Middletown

HouseKaylord t1_j6t4t6r wrote

Ion is sooo good. Their southern friend tofu is on another level

catsmash t1_j6t7ipa wrote

ion is REALLY good. the price point makes it a Sometimes Destination, at least for me, but totally a nice destination for a special valentine's day meal kinda thing.

edit: just feel like i should find a way to say the word "destination" again. destination

DJ_Chally_Chal OP t1_j6tlhbw wrote

That sounds really good. Can you make reservations online?

marche_au_supplice t1_j6rww5v wrote

Obviously your choices for vegetarian are much less limited than vegan. Sherkaan has a lot of vegetarian options that I’ve found really great, even as a meat eater.

Tibetan Kitchen has a lot of vegetarian options as well.

You can check out the menus for Italian places to see if anything sounds appealing in terms of meatless pasta, like L’Orcio.

saveyourscissors4 t1_j6sqbia wrote

Bloodroot in bridgeport!! They do an annual Valentine’s Day dinner for dine in and to go. There’s also Arles and Boggs in Wallingford. Not super romantic but a really nice vibe and good music. Food at both is insannnne

bluebird_on_skates t1_j6sg71p wrote

Tavern on State has a small number of veg options but they’re excellent quality. House of Naan is one of my favorite places to eat, but maybe not fancy enough for Valentines. Heirloom has some good veg options. Da Legna at Nolo is nice and has veg/vegan options.

curbthemeplays t1_j6ssa5p wrote

Almost any decent restaurant will have tons of vegetarian options. Vegan is a different game. I think you need to be clearer with which is critical. If it doesn’t need to be vegan, you have tons of options right in NHV. Also, pescatarian or no seafood?

emjyx t1_j6sx4qh wrote

Surprised no one has mentioned Barcelona yet! Lots of vegetarian options/stuff that can easily be made vegan. If you ask your server they will mark-up a menu for you indicating what's vegan. It's tapas/small plates, which to me is romantic, or as my bf calls it "kissy food".

HockeyandTrauma t1_j6ubpqe wrote

Union league and zinc typically both have vegetarian options (probably not vegan)

help_me_00000000 t1_j6wl6ff wrote

Lalibela is an Ethiopian restaurant downtown that has a pretty big vegetarian section of the menu and don’t quote me on it, but a lot of the veggie stuff may be vegan as well. I haven’t been yet, but only have heard good things.

kidAlly t1_j6suim2 wrote

As a long term vegan I have been to all of the vegan/vegetarian restaurants noted here. None of them give me fancy restaurant vibes for Valentine’s Day, they’re all some level of casual. They’re all good, if a casual vibe works for you.

If you want something fancier, I’d recommend checking out the places run by the overthrow hospitality group in NYC.

Illmatic5291 t1_j6t5il6 wrote

Fire and spice, Hartford. Vegan Jamaican and it SLAPS

catsmash t1_j6t8j26 wrote

very good but not even a little tiny bit fancy.

thanksalotpal t1_j6stsga wrote

G Zen in Branford

allonsyyy t1_j6sufpo wrote

> G Zen

Closed last year, they opened up a fast food joint near Hartford I think.

kidAlly t1_j6u4ak8 wrote

Yah long gone. This would have been my rec but they’re doing the same fast casual thing everyone else is doing now. Moved to West Hartford.

rachelvmd t1_j6u6fgx wrote

How many options for each are you looking for? What price point?

robbnthehood282 t1_j6vwfv4 wrote

Three sisters in Guilford is best vegan food my girl friend and I have found in CT. Popular sandwich they have is called the Belismo that I love, well worth there trip.

Also, ION in Middletown is all vegan but I am not big on it. My girl friend enjoys it though.

EscapingTheLabrynth t1_j6rudxo wrote

Claire’s Corner Copia

−5

catsmash t1_j6t87df wrote

claires has been coasting on pure early-adopter-vegetarian reputation for like ten to twenty years now. it really doesn't feel like they're even trying these days.