Submitted by bw7137 t3_1229wvi in newhaven

I’ve been apartment hunting for the last month or so and I’m having no luck so my parents suggested I ask here. My boyfriend and I are moving to New Haven from Indiana because I got into grad school at SCSU. I need a 1-2 bedroom under 1500 a month which I know is pushing it. Does anyone have any suggestions or know of any properties? I’m moving May 1. I’ve been in contact with some landlords on Facebook but it makes me incredibly nervous sending money to someone when I have no clue if they’re scamming. Any help would be appreciated!!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

EmuBoth t1_jdpfuaw wrote

it's doable. close but above the range at 1700 gets 1 BR at westvillevillage apartments -perfect location for you close to SCSU and youre around corner from the eating places and cool stores in westville center. people will post about fire alarms but my friend says its gotten better not sure what others say.

killitwithkindnesss t1_jdpim1h wrote

You could try Pine Rock apartments literally within five minutes from SCSU. They’re townhouses and charge $600 per room last time I checked.

paintedfaceless t1_jdpklu7 wrote

Hiya! Try to connect with a realtor agent from a place like Coldwell. They have access to rental units that may not be listed on traditional hubs and drive connections much more quickly. When I was in a similar situation around this time, this really made the difference in finding a place. Good luck!

brewski t1_jdsmif6 wrote

You will have much better options if you don't need to be within walking distance. There are neighborhoods that are quite affordable near the school, but they may or may not be in your comfort zone. I'm not familiar with the public bus service to Southern but that might open some doors. It's worth noting that all city buses have a bike rack on the frontier, so you can bike that last mile when the weather is amenable.