Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

dangstax2 t1_iwic34b wrote

The veggie tikka masala from House of Naan is very good as well! Add in some potato or cheese naan to

dragonflytype t1_iwi6k3w wrote

No delivery other than doordash etc, but Claire's Corner Copia for sure. BAR pizza. Atticus Cafe and bookstore. Noa for Thai. Prime 16 is burgers, but you can sub a veggie pattie onto anything. Sheerkan.

lil-chickpea t1_iwiavfy wrote

thanks!! any thoughts on sally’s lol i’ve heard it’s some of the best pizza but wanted to know if it’s overrated

CatSusk t1_iwibnma wrote

No Sally’s is great! A little out of the way from downtown. Also try Mamoun’s falafel on Howe St.

marshalltownusa t1_iwiwccf wrote

When Mamoun’s is on point it’s great. When it’s not it is real bad. Kind of a low floor high ceiling type place. Also helps if it’s later in the evening and you’ve had a few.

CatSusk t1_iwm4puk wrote

Oh really that’s disappointing

mozzking t1_iwirn5l wrote

Sally’s is the best pizza in the country/world. You just have to try it. Get the red pie (no cheese) add some garlic. SHEESH

curbthemeplays t1_iwiyzd3 wrote

Sally’s is amazing but delivery/box will ruin the experience. You need to go there in person. Or Modern, Da Legna, Next Door, etc. Best pizza downtown is BAR but the walk to Modern/Da Legna/Next Door, which are all on upper State St, isn’t bad.

NeitherHereNorthern t1_iwjkeqe wrote

Pataka for Indian! Also Cannon is a new spot that has an all-veg menu and warm pub vibes.

daybeers t1_iwk8ccb wrote

Another vote for pataka! The street rolls are my favorite.

curbthemeplays t1_iwizus8 wrote

Do you eat fish? Rockfish is some of the best sushi I’ve had anywhere in the country. You can get takeout but it’s worth sitting at the bar and having Jason take you on a magical sushi journey. Next door, East Rock Brewing for a beer.

Menya Gumi, Mecha have great veggie ramen options. Midpoint has excellent Turkish food. Munchies has amazing vegan subs. Tacos Los Gordos for Nopal tacos.

The Cannon is a vegan soccer bar with good food. Three Sheets is also a good dive bar with good vegetarian/vegan food. House of Naan, Lazeez, and Sherkaan have great Indian.

Atticus Market excellent takeout food.

Honestly the city has SO many options. One of the best small cities for food. I’m missing a ton. Help us narrow down more!

CTRealtorCarl t1_iwljxs4 wrote

>Do you eat fish? Rockfish is some of the best sushi I’ve had anywhere in the country.

This right here. I've had Omakase in Tokyo and Rockfish would stand a fighting chance there. I've also had it a few times in NYC and Rockfish is better AND more affordable. Not only is the sushi extremely good but as you mentioned Jason makes it an experience which is what makes it the real deal.

chandelizards t1_iwkxzn9 wrote

Lalibela is fantastic Ethiopian food with lots of vegetarian and vegan options. Definitely worth a try!

babymoosh t1_iwladp5 wrote

Definitely go to claires cornercopia, its all vegetarian/vegan and they have lots of options 😁

auntiestablishment t1_iwlaiy5 wrote

there's an app called "happy cow" that has a bunch of places listed. havenly and pataka haven't been mentioned yet and they're both worth trying. three sheets also has a bunch of veggie options