Submitted by coollemon319 t3_zr2r07 in newhaven

Hello,

Been struggling to find a job, have applied to loads of places.

If you know of a cafe, small market, etc that I could (maybe) get hired at, please let me know, I would greatly appreciate it. If you own a small business and are hiring, lmk I can send over my resume and maybe I would be a good fit. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time.

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

XDserpa t1_j11lren wrote

Have you tried p&m market, I remember they were hiring at some point

Clover_Jane t1_j11rzyx wrote

If you're a woman, be careful of the owner of P&M. Many young women have said he can get a little handsy. I've known that family for a long time, not him personally, but it didn't surprise me when I heard it.

Ecofre-33919 t1_j11x77h wrote

Have you been trying retail stores? They often want temporary holiday help. Bad news is you lose the job in january though.

Try mcdonalds, target and walmart too.

Are you looking on indeed and craigslist?

Try restaurants too. You could start in the kitchen as dishwasher or as a hostess seating people or even a bus person.

My nephew just got a job at a subway part time.

Ecofre-33919 t1_j11xzky wrote

Sometimes its better just to go in person to fill out the application vs all online. You meet the manager, get their name and then can follow up. Yeah you might go in and just be told to apply online. But 3 years ago when i was a counselor i took two kids store to store to ask about jobs. We went in to a home goods and happened to speak to the manager. She hired both kids.

Its just law of averages. Eventually someone will say yes. Just don’t get discouraged.

PercyBluntz t1_j120g56 wrote

I work with kids around your age and like half of them work at Dunkin so try there?

Plantpoweredbeeyotch t1_j12zmy0 wrote

When I used to work for kohls there were loads of high schoolers there. But the holiday season is over so you probably won't get hours. But echoing the other comments, mcdonalds, dunkin donuts etc?

pleasantpodcasts t1_j13v7c5 wrote

What are you looking to do/what are you good at doing?

green_lemonade t1_j1477fw wrote

Menya Gumi on orange st. was hiring servers a couple weeks ago.

fatiqua t1_j14wnpk wrote

I was in your position just a few years ago, and the one thing I want to add to this thread is that online applications are useless. I went door to door down Whalley the day school got out for the summer and eventually ended up working at McDonald's that same day. They didn't interview me, all they asked for was the earliest I could start. You just have to be confident enough to approach people face to face, maybe ask someone working the register something like "Do you know if you guys are hiring? Is your manager here so I can speak to them?"

killitwithkindnesss t1_j151t7p wrote

Pokomoto is hiring last time I checked. Lots of teenagers work there too