Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

wal9000 t1_j49trq6 wrote

> seaside town

Technically true but also not a description I would ever use to describe New Haven

riotousviscera t1_j4b0loy wrote

more like "soundside," but I guess that doesn't have the same ring to it ¯\(ツ)

hamhead t1_j4bu4ch wrote

It’s not just that. It’s that nothing in New Haven really happens on the water.

green_lemonade t1_j4bulte wrote

Sound or sea, we're completely cut off from the water by the interstates. Apparently we used to have a massive park on the water in wooster sq.

wal9000 t1_j4c0sh9 wrote

Unless you like a 40 minute walk on sidewalks covered with broken glass to go visit food trucks that are near some watery rocks and mud

green_lemonade t1_j4cq7i7 wrote

Not to mention some of the worst litter and local noise/air pollution from all the generators!

Other cities with big food truck scenes have put up power hookups and larger trash receptacles. We could do better for sure.

Tacos are top notch though lol

woah-im-colin t1_j4d5hei wrote

I adore New Haven and all that is offered and while I agree it deserves its spot, seaside I agree is quite misleading. Harborside, although not nearly as serene sounding for readers, sums up New Haven’s costal amenities quite well.

curbthemeplays OP t1_j4cqyh7 wrote

Probably should’ve mentioned the New Haven area has great shoreline areas. New Haven’s are limited. City Point, Lighthouse Park, etc are nice but the region has some real gems. From the Audubon Center in Milford all the way to Hammonasset for New Haven County.