Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cassinonorth t1_j9qdfwh wrote

Oof...married someone from Pompton Lakes. You aren't kidding about the cancer thing. Everyone in her family has had it and they aren't even near the lake. A kid they graduated with died at 18 from cancer too.

NJDevil69 t1_j9r5arb wrote

>Oof...married someone from Pompton Lakes. You aren't kidding about the cancer thing.

Fuck Pompton Lakes! The reason that damn place has not been able to clean up is due to half the town not wanting to admit there's a pollution issue! The people who suffer from cancer don't deserve the animosity they get from their fellow townspeople.

cassinonorth t1_j9r5ef8 wrote

Makes for a very interesting town FB group though...lol.

NJDevil69 t1_j9sbomw wrote

I purposely joined one of those groups to see for myself. It’s sad. Half the town wants to see justice against DuPont. The other half is happy to ignore any and all signs of cancer, even if it’s their neighbor dying, just so their property values do not go down.

user1752916319 OP t1_j9qf8mq wrote

I’m really sorry about that man. I hope they recover and I hope the town compensates you for that.

cassinonorth t1_j9qffgs wrote

They're all good now thankfully, just feels like it's a parade of new cases coming from that town. I doubt they're getting anything, fuck Dupont.

jpr7887 t1_j9r2vle wrote

So what's the cancer thing? I'm at the northern tip of Wayne as of a couple of years ago so this is news to me. I'm about to have a baby so I want to know what to avoid.

cassinonorth t1_j9r4f97 wrote

Just don't go dipping your baby in Pompton Lake and you're probably fine. NJ has some extremely strict water regulations so you'll know if your water is contaminated in Wayne. I've swam in Pines Lake many times without much worry.

Here's some reading for you though.

jpr7887 t1_j9r4oll wrote

Thank you! Yeah there won't be any lake baptisms for us lol