Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

CreatrixAnima t1_iu6xl8a wrote

Yeah but they’re not subject to the laws that govern public schools. This was probably in 2017. But it was 60 bucks.

Jake_FromStateFarm27 t1_iu6xz5r wrote

The law is for substitutes it does not distinguish between the two, I was subbing in 2017 as well. Did you perhaps not have a county/sub cert or no other state licenses at the time?

CreatrixAnima t1_iu6yetz wrote

Private school. It was a Catholic school and they paid dirt. I met all the qualifications.

Jake_FromStateFarm27 t1_iu6ylgt wrote

Then they were breaking labor laws. Private/religious or not they have to abide by state labor laws.

Jake_FromStateFarm27 t1_iu6z8j8 wrote

This is not NJ state guidelines so generalizations like this don't really apply. The state law is the state law.

CreatrixAnima t1_iu6zxbq wrote

And I didn’t serve in New Jersey. You made an assumption. But the fact is, nationwide, substitute teachers get paid crap. $85 a day is still crap for someone that’s expected to have at the very least a bachelors degree.

−1

Jake_FromStateFarm27 t1_iu709s1 wrote

You're posting and replying in r/newjersey where the fuck do you think we're talking about ??? It's absolutely shit I never disagreed with that either I've been repeatedly saying we need to be paid more.