Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

rewardiflost t1_ixwkb3t wrote

Most anti-graffiti coatings don't make things "paint proof". They prevent the paint from bonding with the wall surface, so they remain easy to clean off.

The few that are hydrophobic and oleophobic can be expensive to buy and complicated to apply.

peter-doubt t1_ixwna97 wrote

This.. some are made to be more durable when washed

iamstrugglin t1_ixybi6m wrote

Yeah I was going to say "maybe it doesn't react to dot 3 break fluid, or etch like chemicals."

That dot 3 leaves a ghost when you add it to the ink mix that eats regular water based paints. Etch would get in good with glass.

Inhumanly_possible t1_ixxgwje wrote

Most of the anti Graffitti coating I see is virtually useless. It does make it easier to clean off but then the coating itself wears of through the cleaning process.

rewardiflost t1_ixxi1qj wrote

Yep.

There's cheaper stuff that does that. The advantage is that it's cheap, and basically applies like paint.

There's more expensive stuff that is more permanent, and allows for easier cleaning.

Then there's spectacularly expensive stuff that's like applying teflon/ceramic to surfaces. Paints and other stuff won't stick. But it can take weeks to prepare the surface, apply the chemicals, and then make sure it all cures properly.

SprintAirlines t1_ixwsjbb wrote

I'm really curious about your mindset with this post. Did you think the paint was made of some chemical that would absorb the paint or neutralize the color or did you think the paint particles wouldn't stick to it and just slide to the floor?

warrensussex t1_ixx5bbm wrote

The anti-graffiti labeling appears to be done with a stencil and spray paint.

Mr_Matt_K OP t1_ixwtt0p wrote

Just some silly irony, that's all.

−11

smd908 t1_ixwq2po wrote

The effectiveness expired in 2/2020 and was good for 1,000 tags so I think it held up nicely overall.

Way2trivial t1_ixwnrdi wrote

"Zimmerman Flew and Tyler Knew"
Woulda been a lot better than that tag,,,,,

DingusTaargus t1_ixymsz9 wrote

Lol. You didn't seriously post this thinking it was a gotcha, did you?

It's not going to stop people from spray painting the wall, it makes it easy to clean off after they do, ya goof.

Linenoise77 t1_ixxhuyz wrote

Its not paint proof. Its paint that is resistant to harsher methods making it quicker\cheaper\easier to clean.

Instead of having to repaint that wall, they probably just need a dude with 5 minutes and a pressure washer or sandblaster.

NachoFries2020 t1_ixxkqo4 wrote

It means its cleaned way more easily !

HarryHaller73 t1_ixzd9rg wrote

they're easily wiped off, that's the whole point

WebLinkr t1_ixzy8jd wrote

Why dont NJDOT just change their logo and text into a graffiti style/font - problem solved - permanently

NeighborOne t1_ixxd5we wrote

Where is this?

Mr_Matt_K OP t1_ixxiw9f wrote

D&R Canal trail, under I-295 in Lawrence Twp.

−1

zincink t1_ixy5qwz wrote

Vaseline the wall or maybe even rain X

boojieboy666 t1_iy0e46l wrote

Looks better with graffiti. Nice fresh canvas to start the year off.

−1