Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PeliPal t1_j9vhziy wrote

Cisgender teens are allowed breast reduction or removal without the mental healthcare provider authorization that transgender teens are often required to provide.

Puberty blockers are different from hormones, they specifically replace hormones to allow a transgender teen to wait until adulthood to consent to a feminizing or masculinizing puberty of their choice.

This suit is a misleading far-right political operation and not based on any objective judgment of the standards of care for trans teens.

[deleted] t1_j9vis0r wrote

[removed]

−66

rekniht01 t1_j9vklnu wrote

The ‘many European countries’ thing is a right-wing propaganda talking point that is at best misleading to outright false.

Case in point, the UK NHS service still follows WPATH guidelines. There was a proposed regulation on HRT outside of the NHS. After research, that proposal did not follow through.

Gr8tMutato t1_j9vjpz1 wrote

Which European countries? I'm an American with ILR in the U.K. and have never heard about this. Maybe in eastern Europe, but not any of the "major" European countries.

Also, detransitioning is very uncommon among trans people in general. I could care less about this entire topic, I just don't appreciate "made-up facts".

Hilarias_Glucose_Cup t1_j9vl8hy wrote

Finland, Sweden and the UK. You can read all about the UK's most recent guidelines - see page 16 for the details.

−36

rekniht01 t1_j9vqcgg wrote

Gender-affirming care for minors is still available in all of those countries. Making guidelines DOES NOT equal banning.

Valyrian_Kobolds t1_j9vslgp wrote

Sweden had a sterilization clause for gender transition until 2013. I'm not exactly sure that's as big a slam dunk as you're pretending.

EvangelineOfSky t1_j9voprb wrote

The UK has one of the worst health systems in Europe.. it's like looking at Venezuela on how to have a thriving economy

The two best healthcare systems in Europe are France and Germany, considered among the best in the world.. what are they doing?

soldforaspaceship t1_j9wkh9v wrote

Those guidelines specifically state that gender affirming care should be provided.

The page you reference also says that hormones will be provided as long as they are enrolled in a long term study. That doesn't preclude them at all.