Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

xxxYTSEJAMxxx t1_j9oeejn wrote

Yep, my grandmother (in-law) was just saying that the other day. Sad shit.

isawagoose t1_j9oibb3 wrote

She should come to Wisconsin and explain to me why it's been in the 30s and 40s for all of February, our coldest month.

Bruch_Spinoza t1_j9otshy wrote

We haven’t gotten any snow in the northeast all year. It’s been mid-40s since November

lifevicarious t1_j9p8r66 wrote

In the grandmas defense, your example is just as bad to prove global warming as hers is to disprove it. And I am a believer in climate change.

isawagoose t1_j9rqr3a wrote

You're assuming it's an isolated event and not part of a steady trend as it actually is.

lifevicarious t1_j9rremo wrote

Im not. But you and the grandma are talking about weather. One month of warmer weather is not climate change. It’s warmer weather like it’s colder in CA.

isawagoose t1_j9rrwkk wrote

It's not "one month" of warmer weather. It's a steady pattern of increasingly warmer winters with less and less precipitation. I said February because it's February right now, not because it's a single anomalously warm month.

lifevicarious t1_j9rsr6r wrote

You said one February . If you meant all winter say all fucking winter. Don’t blame me for calling you out on what you said as opposed to what you now say you meant. Even if all winter that’s weather. Not global warming. Milwaukee hit a high temp of 62 in Feb in 1984. One month or one winter or one day is weather. Years and decades is climate change. So again, your stated example is just as bad as grandmas.

isawagoose t1_j9rtbb6 wrote

What the fuck do you not understand about the word "trend?" If you're here just to be a pedantic contrarian, shut the fuck up and bother someone else.

lifevicarious t1_j9ru998 wrote

Jesus fucking Christ dude. You didn’t say trend. You said all of February. Three fucking weeks is not a trend. It’s not pedantic. If you don’t want to be called out for saying something incorrect don’t say something incorrect. For the third time three fucking weeks of warmer than average is just as stupid as grandma arguing against global warming based on a blizzard where it’s usually warm.

DastardlyMime t1_j9pe2s8 wrote

Same in Michigan outside a couple weeks. It's getting into the 50s today

BeltedCoyote1 t1_j9phfcw wrote

Same here in Indiana. Although this weeks it’s up in the high 50s. It’s freaking me out on a weird primal level a little bit

Anthony12125 OP t1_j9qel4k wrote

I moved here's 5 years ago they're in the polar vortex. It's definitely gotten warmer every year but this year is just scary. Sturgeon spearing on lake Winnebago had to be done from the shore because the ice was so thin nobody would drive on it.

Q_OANN t1_j9p382o wrote

Then you explain how that’s still related and they think the goalposts are being moved

Dblreppuken t1_j9ph2iw wrote

"AY! but no TRUE Californian could call this a warming!"