Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ShyElf t1_jdo7z4c wrote

Brief writeup, but it sounds like he's being prosecuted for whistleblowing on police abuses.

WestwoodRK0 t1_jdo9yfi wrote

Questionable since it doesn't mention the recipient

EntertainedRUNot t1_jdp3x13 wrote

> The “property” listed with the counts include WPD DEA KNR reports, gang bulletins, WPD morning reports, WPD shooting reviews, WPD emails, an AXON (body cam) recording, a WPD information bulletin and a WPD Professional Standard Bureau document.

Doesn't seem questionable. Why else would he take or share information like this?

christhomasburns t1_jdprs10 wrote

Probably to destroy evidence and cover up police abuses.

−39

SoftwarePatient5050 t1_jdq2rdq wrote

Bruh, are you under the impression that these are the only hand-written copies of these documents or something? You can't destroy a digital document by taking it.

typing t1_jdqjjvh wrote

Separte from this, I think there are unfortunately a lot of older people who may not realize this.

Tarroes t1_jdqpma6 wrote

>Separte from this, I think there are unfortunately a lot of older people who may not realize this.

Worked IT, can confirm

HotSpicyDisco t1_jdqjnw2 wrote

I'm not a forensic computer expert... But wouldn't making copies of a thing make it harder to cover up?

ForgetfulFrolicker t1_jdp4zw7 wrote

Why would he be prosecuted for that?

tremere110 t1_jdpdmu8 wrote

Ask Edward Snowden

Yitram t1_jdpsycw wrote

Because he also gave shit to China and Russia. Both countries likely picked his brains for everything he knew.

−69

NerveOk6614 t1_jdptwlm wrote

Snowden gave everything he had to American journalists and there is no evidence he gave anything to China or Russia.

Yitram t1_jdrfo0n wrote

So you're telling me that the Russian and Chinese intelligence services didn't take advantage of an on the run former employee of the US IC on their territory? Cute that you think that.

−10

VoDoka t1_jdqe31n wrote

Ah... I had my hopes up for a second but should have known better...

Ok-Ease7090 t1_jdq0aae wrote

Too little info to be sure but I think it’s going more corrupt than that.