Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

heimos OP t1_j28ozxs wrote

Kyiv Independent is a Russian news outlet ? You must be joking, right. This law essentially gives total media control to the government. Don’t forget there is election, yes despite the war, an election in 2023. So think what it will give ruling party

str8bipp t1_j28psop wrote

How does an election work during war when the population is scattered and just trying to maintain power and heat?

Freexscsa t1_j28ppbb wrote

I really don't think that Zelensky is in any danger of losing an election right now.

heimos OP t1_j28qijp wrote

Parliament not presidential. He could lose majority. It’s not a two party system

Freexscsa t1_j28ryd2 wrote

I am going to go out on a limb and say chances are people are going to be pretty supportive of a government that's managing to fight off an invasion from a supposed super power.

heimos OP t1_j28t1b5 wrote

Not doubting the support for the government. Doubting the fairness and freedom of choice for people and other parties. Media controls A LOT so that can be used as a tool to seat people’s opinion

barrinmw t1_j28yjgw wrote

How do you have an election when you have parts of the country literally occupied by a foreign power? How do you have elections when your polling locations become targets for Russian missiles?

HungryGiantMan t1_j2axmjh wrote

Your post history is full of Russian apologism and defense of Andrew Tate. We know who are.

heimos OP t1_j2axzke wrote

Anything you don’t like is Russian propaganda. So yea, I use my brain and see both sides to everything

−23

Blitzdrive t1_j2b3w3i wrote

What’s the both sides to the Russian invasion? What’s their compelling argument?

heimos OP t1_j2bnmhf wrote

There is absolutely nothing positive in invading a sovereign country. Between lives lost and ethnic damage between two nations, the pain from this conflict will last for years. With that being said, you have to zoom out and look at the bigger picture of has happened in the last 30 years between the West and Russia

−11

shewy92 t1_j2e48eb wrote

So it's the West's fault Russia invaded a country that was minding its own business? LOL, funny joke my guy.

heimos OP t1_j2ebumj wrote

Remember when Putin and Biden met, guess what they talked about. They couldn’t agree on something, and we could only guess what. Result of that was the invasion.

−8